Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Jethro
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi all,

As a Manly Sea Eagles supporter, I would just like to say congratulations on your win against us last night. The better team definitely won on the night as Manly just didn't turn up to play. They were like stunned mullets or roos in a spotlight. I haven't seen such a poor performance from Manly in such a long time and that was evident from the first set when Choc dropped the ball cold. They were their own worst enemy and basically handed the game to the Storm on a platter.

Anyway, I would also like to say that I don't like any of the teams left but out of all of them, I hope that you guys go on to win next week and win your second legal premiership.

Good luck :)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jethro wrote:Hi all,

As a Manly Sea Eagles supporter, I would just like to say congratulations on your win against us last night. The better team definitely won on the night as Manly just didn't turn up to play. They were like stunned mullets or roos in a spotlight. I haven't seen such a poor performance from Manly in such a long time and that was evident from the first set when Choc dropped the ball cold. They were their own worst enemy and basically handed the game to the Storm on a platter.

Anyway, I would also like to say that I don't like any of the teams left but out of all of them, I hope that you guys go on to win next week and win your second legal premiership.

Good luck :)
You guys are better than that. It blew my mind seeing how many silly, basic errors were made.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks Jethro.It is very gracious of you to wish us luck.As last year I was cheering for you guys in the GF it is nice of you to return the favor.We will do you proud.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:You aren't the only one to see signs Sally. I was walking along this morning and saw a big dog turd on the grass which was obviously a clear reference to Matai.

Post of the Year
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Turtle188 wrote:What a perfect way to finish a 2 hour drive home. Arrive just in time to see the Nein eggspurts virtually tip Manly in a close one. HAH!!!
I tooted a Car on the Pakenham Bypass with a Storm Scarf out of the car. Was that you?
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:
nacho wrote:that melbourne chant in the final few minutes gave me chills, even watching it on tv

yep nacho...the atmosphere was truly spine tingling.

Even hearing the "Melllbbooouuurrrnnne" chant on the replay last night and again this morning gave me goosebumps
Yeah, that Melbourne chant was awesome. When that started up, I took out the Sportsears so I could really let it soak in.

I headed under the new decking across the street to get back to the MCG car park and all the cars waiting to get out there were going nuts on the horns - like they were ringing cowbells and chanting Melbourne. That was awesome.

It was great hearing that after the game.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It feels strange post on here as have not been on here for a while

I must say, The Atmosphere was 2nd to none last night.

It is so over from Manly's 1st set of 6. It could of been 60+ to 12.

The miracle is......I never bagged the ref during the game. My Brother made me a bet at the game that I could not have a go at Archer during the game and then we argeed for all refs. I must admit now that I now have a few dollars at the moment in my pocket.

Yes the Ref were a Disgrace and Harrigan has to go and get someone ala Geoff Geichsen(Spelling? in.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

AAS wrote:
Turtle188 wrote:What a perfect way to finish a 2 hour drive home. Arrive just in time to see the Nein eggspurts virtually tip Manly in a close one. HAH!!!
I tooted a Car on the Pakenham Bypass with a Storm Scarf out of the car. Was that you?
If it was a grey Hilux, it was full of happy campers!
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yep. That the one. I toot just before McGregor Road. I was going to get you a flash of Lights but you might thought there was something wrong.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

AAS wrote:Yep. That the one. I toot just before McGregor Road. I was going to get you a flash of Lights but you might thought there was something wrong.
I trust your trip home was as enjoyable as ours was.