Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Its what the NRL wants. Surprised Locky tipped manly tbh.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He actual words were if there is one team who can beat Melbourne in Melbourne it is Manly.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote:He actual words were if there is one team who can beat Melbourne in Melbourne it is Manly.
It's 50/50 the last four times played in Melbourne in the last four years.

It's also 50/50 for all games played between them in the last 4 years.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Storm play like we did last week, with heaps of enthusiasm and desire, we will win on Friday night.
We do not want a slow start and allow Manly to get an early break. They are extremely good at defending their line, especially when their confidence is high.
We know how Manly play, we know how to beat them. It will be a tough game. But I reckon the boys will know what to expect a lot better than against the less predictable Cowboys.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:Just watched the Sydney Footy Show. All four guys on the panel (Johns, Fidler, Lockyer and Stirling) say it would be a Manly/Bulldogs grand final.
Who cares what they say? They might be greats of the game but they arent much of a brainstrust
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Just watched the Sydney Footy Show. All four guys on the panel (Johns, Fidler, Lockyer and Stirling) say it would be a Manly/Bulldogs grand final.
While i cant say i'm surprised about that, i'll also say im not upset one bit that none of them picked us and i hope the boys were watching (if it were shown here on Gem, not sure) These so called experts have been writing us off for a fair while now which has allowed us to go about our business with minimal hype and without the pressure of being hot favorites.

I have a much better feeling this year in where the team is at as opposed to last year. I'm loving being the only non Sydney team left in the finals with all the attention on them and everyone writing us off. I'm also sure it hasn't gone unnoticed by the the blokes that matter most and can do something about proving them wrong ;)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The question kept being asked 'Would the Manly fans 'cross the bridge' to Allianz stadium for the Friday night game' ? I guess some of 'em did.

Now the question is - How many will 'cross the bridge to Mascot & beyond' for the next Friday night game :-\

And I hear some Sydney journos are claiming it's a 'disadvantage' to Manly that the game is NOT being played at Etihad ::)
Brookvale - Rectangular ground designed for rugby league :)
Aami Park - Rectangular ground designed for rugby league :)
Etihad - Big arse OVAL ground designed for Aussie rules :-X
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote: And I hear some Sydney journos are claiming it's a 'disadvantage' to Manly that the game is NOT being played at Etihad ::)

Where is this ? Pretty lame journalism if you ask me ahaha.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sydney media started saying Manly has a disadvantage playing at Aami Park first thing this morning. Foxnews are now saying it. They just jump only anything that gives Storm a bit of an advantage.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't understand the theory of why it matters that it's at aami lol. And melbourne finished on top of them so they play at home. What a flapping g up. Fully don't get the reasoning behind it.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We only played them once this year and that was at Brookvale, dont recall them taking advantage of that.
roberttuz

We have a better finals record at Etihad. I'd prefer to play there
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You carry on playing with yourself Clutz
roberttuz

I'll get in before Sallymay.

I am very nervous about this game.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

druggy johns hasn`t picked a winner of the finals yet.He is only HOPING Storm lose.I DON`T RESPECT anything that comes out of that loser`s mouth.