Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But Cherry it is the momentum that change from 2 crucial decisions that blew any chance the Cows had a coming back. 18-12 with 10-15 mins to go is a lot better than being 12 down.
You just can't say oh take 6 off each and manly still win. It doesn't work that way.

Its done now so lets move on to next friday night.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon the video ref got it right on the 3rd try and I'd certainly expect the same result if it was a Storm player. If the ball didn't touch the line the first time, it definately did when he grounded it over his head. Benefit of the doubt wasn't even necessary IMO, there was never any doubt.
The last try was definately bs though.
The grounding in goal was another mistake, but they did get a scrum feed and forced a goal line dropout. So they infact got two shots at Manly's line but couldn't break their defense. What makes everyone so sure they'd have scored from a goal line dropout the first time?

I don't like Shane Hayne either and I'll never forgive Paul Simpkins for the 2006 GF. But seriously Cowboys were shit last night and the only ones who robbed them was themselves.

And it's always more satisfying to smash Manly than Cowboys anyway. Bring on next Friday night!!!!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

:) I'm Glad Manly beat the Cowboys Gives Storm the chance to knock them out of the Finals, nothing better than beating Manly!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

As long as we only have to beat Moanly.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

At least Clarke/Simpkins will not be in the video box on Friday, now that the ref bosses have said the try was a knock on and the call was wrong.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't mean they won't be there...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sydney Morning Herald both refs have been dropped.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loving that the Rabbits got up tonight in that it makes it 3 Sydney teams out of 4 in the Prelims so the hype and distractions will be massive up there. All the while we just go quietly about our business down here, "under the radar" you could say. The planets are aligning people ;)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I allow myself to think this with great trepidation,(not wishing to jinx it's fulfillment)
Storm V Former Storm @ GF
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:But Cherry it is the momentum that change from 2 crucial decisions that blew any chance the Cows had a coming back. 18-12 with 10-15 mins to go is a lot better than being 12 down.
You just can't say oh take 6 off each and manly still win. It doesn't work that way.

Its done now so lets move on to next friday night.
Yes,but what im alluding to is that the Cows never deserved to be on 12 points to start with

Tamou scored a terrible try from bamboozled D,they tricked themselves

Without stripping Taufua they would have never gotten to 12 points,without a forward pass
undetected from the ensuing set they wouldnt be on 12 points,if either of these had have been picked up
chances are the red button may have been pressed on the Foran try

Im happy with the win not so happy with how it was done

What impressed me most was the Manly dressing room post-game,no celebrations just desire
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyway i'd say good luck.....but i'd be lying :)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I haven't watched the Sths V Canberra game yet. Any comments or conspiracy theorys about it?
Did the bunnies play as well as the score represents? Or did Canberra just play their post-win crappy game?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eh not really. Canberra looked like they played the GF last week. Souths were clearly better but the scoreline blew out a bit in the end.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just watched the Sydney Footy Show. All four guys on the panel (Johns, Fidler, Lockyer and Stirling) say it would be a Manly/Bulldogs grand final.