Bellamy's delimma - what team?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
roberttuz

So there are 5 players to come back from injury - Ryles, Manu, Lowrie, Chambers and Quinn.

Quite honestly where would they fit in? Do you change a winning team?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Ryles should come into the team for either Vave or Fa'aoso. Ryles has probably been our best prop all year. Neither Vave or Fa'aoso played many minutes last night. Vave was short of a gallop. I hope Fa'aoso recovers from his concussion. He was good v Tigers last week and in his time on the ground this week.

Manu may have to come in for KP, I think KP may miss at least one match for his dangerous throw on Burgess (I hope I am wrong).

Lowrie comes in in place of Rory.

Bellamy didn't sound overly confident about Will's availability for the prelim at the post match press conference. If Will is fit, I think he comes in. O'Neill moves to the wing and Mahe is unlucky to miss out.

I don't think Quinn should come back into the team. Although Bellamy loves him so if Will is not fit there is a fair chance Craig brings Quinn in to replace Mahe. Not sure what he does with the outside backs if both Will and Quinn are fit.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jason Ryles
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Todd Lowrie
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Sika Manu/Siosaia Vave/Richard Fa'aoso
17. Jaiman Lowe
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fonua will be very unlucky to miss out but once Chambers is back I think he will. It's a shame cos the defense on that side of the field with Nielsen was tighter than fish pussy...and it's for that reason that Nielsen has to stay but he doesnt deserve to be in the centres at the expense of O'Neill

Ryles is not our best prop but he is our most experienced. I wasn't a fan to begin with on account of his reputation for giving away cheap penalties and stupid offloads but he's been solid and made excellent metres. Vave might be underdone on account of injury and limited game time but he has more go forward than the likes of Norrie, Manu and Fa'aoso.

When everyone is back fit and healthy my team would be;

1. Slater
2. Waqa
3. O'Neill
4. Chambers
5. Nielsen
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwhich
9. Smith
10. Ryles
11. Hoffman
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Lowe
16. Norrie
17. Vave
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From League Central...Herald Sun...Sunday 9/9...

"Bellamy hopes to have Jason Ryles, Sika Manu, Anthony Quinn and Todd Lowrie all available for the grand final qualifier in a fortnight.

But he admitted strike centre Will Chambers was still touch-and-go due to a hamstring strain.

"Todd's a really good chance. Will, we're not overly confident, but I know he's working really hard on it," Bellamy said.

It will be a tragedy if Will Chambers doesn't recover from his hamstring strain to play the Preliminary Final.

He has been AWESOME this year.

So many of us here were stoked when he re-signed with the Club as we knew what class and quality he brought the team in defence and attack.

Good luck Will....do what you can with your recovery (ice, ice, ice and get in that hyperbaric chamber 24/7).
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bellamy says stuff like that to put ppl off
roberttuz

I thought Chambers was only a 1-2 week loss. Does anyone have any updated info?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

As long as he's good for the gf then I'm OK if he misses the prelim.. storm vs dogs gf. We'll be there.. we can beat the dogs.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mahe ran for 142m, scored 1 try, was close to a second, was great in defence and defused all bombs sent his way. When was the last time Quinn ran 142m let alone scoring a try. There is no way he should replace Mahe. That was easily Jaiman Lowes best game with us too.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I doubt Procter will play in prelim final. Hopefully he only gets a week, but becasue it is Melbourne Storm they will most likey give him longer.

The Sydney media are saying Procter's season is over and Vave might also be sited for the his help in the tackle.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sydney media will try him beforehand and make sure of it, by the time the judiciary sits it will be a premeditated act that was intended to end someone's career, the fact that it was an accidental rush of blood won't enter anybody's thoughts
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully he only gets 1 week.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Much will depend on his carry over points as well. Any idea on the status of that?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

On today's Sydney Footy Show, Sterlo did not think he had any carry over points, but could not be sure. No one knew if he did or not