pre lim

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

We play the winner of manly vs broncs/cowboys right?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it will be Manly. I hope not though, I would be much happier seeing them bow out in straight games :)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes sir.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cowboys vs manly who could be without matai.. Lyon and possibly king.

I think we'll see cows vs storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Been announced the game will be Friday at 7:45
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was originally concerned about Friday night clashing with Hawthorn's match because traditionally the AFL minor premiers play their prelim on the Friday night. However, with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs winning and the Swans winning due to a potential clash of venues we are on a different night than the Hawks. Swans have a contract to play their finals at ANZ and hence have to be on a different night to the Bulldogs prelim. Therefore our match is on a different night to the Hawks game at the MCG.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote:Therefore our match is on a different night to the Hawks game at the MCG.
AFL Week 3 :? Friday 21st

Do we get Aami Park - Or Etihad ???
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

PM Sat 08 Sep, 2012

TRADITION will be broken on preliminary final weekend when the Sydney Swans host the Friday night game at ANZ Stadium.

Typically, the minor premier has played on Friday night but Hawthorn will play its preliminary final on Saturday night because of a possible ground clash at the Homebush venue in Sydney.

The Swans will kick off proceedings on Friday, September 21, hosting the winner of the semi-final that will be played between Collingwood and the winner of Sunday's final between West Coast and North Melbourne.

The Swans are likely to be without small forward Ben McGlynn, who suffered a hamstring injury in the final against Adelaide. But they will welcome back defender Heath Grundy from suspension.

It is certain to be an emotion-charged evening for the Swans who will also be celebrating charismatic veteran Jude Bolton's 300th game.

On Saturday, September 22, Hawthorn will feature in the first preliminary final against the winner of the semi-final between Adelaide and Fremantle, after the latter stunned Geelong in an elimination final boilover.

The game will be played at the MCG, but the time is yet to be confirmed.

Adelaide's quest to avoid crashing out of the finals in straight sets will kick off week two of the 2012 Toyota AFL finals series.

The Crows will host Fremantle on Friday night at AAMI Stadium. The clash is scheduled for 8.10pm local time.

The Crows will be without Daniel Talia, who has a broken arm after Saturday's loss to the Swans on home turf.

Click here to watch Saturday's eight big plays from AAMI Stadium

Collingwood will play the winner of Sunday's West Coast-North Melbourne clash in the weekend's other semi-final next Saturday night.

The Pies will return to the MCG fresh from an eight-day break after their qualifying final loss to Hawthorn.

Click here to watch Friday night's eight big plays from the MCG

They face a nervous wait on skipper Nick Maxwell, who was reported for rough conduct against the Hawks. Defender Chris Tarrant is also likely to come under scrutiny after tangling with Lance Franklin in Friday night's opening minutes.

2012 TOYOTA AFL FINALS SERIES: WEEK TWO and THREE

Friday, September 14

Second semi-final, Adelaide v Fremantle at AAMI Stadium, 8.10pm ACST

Saturday, September 15 

First semi-final, Collingwood v winner West Coast/North Melbourne at the MCG, 7.45pm AEST (series ticket match)

Friday, September 21
Second preliminary final, Sydney Swans v Collingwood/West Coast/North Melbourne at ANZ Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday September 22
First preliminary final, Hawthorn v Adelaide/Geelong/Fremantle at the MCG, time TBC (series ticket match)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Scooter wrote:Therefore our match is on a different night to the Hawks game at the MCG.
AFL Week 3 :? Friday 21st

Do we get Aami Park - Or Etihad ???

I hope it's Aami. I hate going to Etihad at the best of times and I would rather play at our home. Not someone elses
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Been announced the game will be Friday at 7:45
Sallymay...where was this announced.???

I have been looking for the article or news release.

i didn't think that they formalised the date and times of the preliminary finals until the 4 competing teams were known.

Can you post a link please...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A smart organization would want to showcase our game at a purpose built rectangular stadium packed out with 20 /30 thou. Aami Park 8) Seating
But we're talking about the Sydney centric NRL right ::)
So they'll be looking at a similar crowd spread out in a 50 thou stadium with 70% crap views because it was designed for an oval field game :evil: Etihad :( Seating
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It will be at Aami. Thats why we have a rectangle football stadium now that can hold 30k. Last years game was at Aami. Don't understand why all the confusion.

And Storm spirit. Its all over twitter, I'm pretty sure the NRL have confirmed it..and we have to play Friday since the Dogs can't use ANZ Friday because of the Swans.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:It will be at Aami. Thats why we have a rectangle football stadium now that can hold 30k. Last years game was at Aami. Don't understand why all the confusion.

And Storm spirit. Its all over twitter, I'm pretty sure the NRL have confirmed it..and we have to play Friday since the Dogs can't use ANZ Friday because of the Swans.

why can't the bullfrogs play at the SFS....isn't that ground meant to be the premier Rugby League stadium in Sydney ???

I want the Storm Preliminary final on Saturday night....the NRL are SOOOOOOO selfish
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes...twitter says friday 7.45pm at AAMI....

at least the game will be at AAMI.....it is meant to be our home ground advantage after all.

friday night is a *lima lima lime duck*ing pain in the ass to get into the city after work etc
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
blazza18 wrote:It will be at Aami. Thats why we have a rectangle football stadium now that can hold 30k. Last years game was at Aami. Don't understand why all the confusion.

why can't the bullfrogs play at the SFS....isn't that ground meant to be the premier Rugby League stadium in Sydney ???

I want the Storm Preliminary final on Saturday night....the NRL are SOOOOOOO selfish

Bulldogs home ground is ANZ. Why would they have it at the SFS..... :S