Modern Baking cooks up a Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

(Sorry, had to get cliche heading out of the way first)
Welcome Modern Baking, our new lower back, back of the jersey sponsor.
Hopefully that means free sample of their goods over the next few weeks :lol:

Anzac Biscuit Backs Storm for the Finals

Two Australian icons have joined forces with Melbourne Storm and Modern Baking today announcing legendary Unibic Anzac Biscuit as Melbourne Storm’s lower back of jersey partner for the club’s finals campaign in 2012.

The Unibic Anzac Biscuit brand partnership will see Modern Baking launch its association with Melbourne Storm, joining sponsors Crown, Suzuki and KooGa on Storm’s jersey; an enviable stable of powerhouse brands.

The deal will be the first step in a longer term association with the club.

Managing Director of Modern Baking, Matt Forster, said that the new deal was one that reflected the importance of the community to Unibic Anzac Biscuits.

“As a business that gives back to Australia’s veterans through the RSL, family and community is the cornerstone of the Unibic Anzac Biscuit brand,” Forster commented.

“It is these same values that are at the heart of Melbourne Storm that make this brand partnership so powerful.

“We are thrilled to be supporting the club through its finals journey and look forward to further engagement next year with Melbourne Storm.”

Melbourne Storm CEO, Ron Gauci, was delighted to see the historical Australian brand launch a new partnership with the club at today’s official unveiling of Melbourne Storm’s finals jerseys.

“The Anzac spirit is one of mateship, endurance and courage,” Gauci said.

“These are values that we live and breathe everyday at Melbourne Storm.

“To partner with an Australian icon like Unibic Anzac Biscuit that has represented these values for nearly 100 years is a perfect fit for our club as we embark upon one of the toughest journeys of the season.”

Melbourne Storm’s finals journey begins at AAMI Park this Saturday night against the Rabbitohs. Tickets are available at ticketek.com.au
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

free bikkys tomorrow i hope
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kind of a weird sponsorship but I'm for it. They'd be a perfect fit for doing something around the time of the Anzac Day game, too.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like the logo was ironed on. Hideous although the money is nice...
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes, noticed both the "Programmed" and "ANZAC" lettering peeling off on some of the jerseys.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone else notice when they did the Modern Baking Anzac Biscuit "fan event" at half time that on the scoreboard under the MD of Modern Baking they said he was the MD of Modern Banking?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Looks like the logo was ironed on. Hideous although the money is nice...
Well, obviously it's all ironed on. Ideally KooGa could have produced some new jerseys for the players after Programmed came on board (I mean, I remember ISC put out several different versions of jerseys with different sponsor configurations for some of their clubs during the season) but I guess it's all just a cost cutting thing. At least they're applying the logos the same way they do the numbers (I guess) so there's less chance of them peeling off. I guess being thin letters makes it easier to peel than a fat number - but it's not as bad as it would be if you used a normal iron. I just hope they get a proper bottom sponsor sorted out soon so we'll have all the merchandise up to date in time for the new season.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I`m surprised any of the jerseys got damaged last night as our players heads were the main focus from the wabbits tackles.shame on you crocker.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:I`m surprised any of the jerseys got damaged last night as our players heads were the main focus from the wabbits tackles.shame on you crocker.
Once a grub always a grub
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

stormy wrote:I`m surprised any of the jerseys got damaged last night as our players heads were the main focus from the wabbits tackles.shame on you crocker.
And Taylor.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

yeah I forgot to mention taylor(who looks more like a cartoon character with his pinhead and huge body)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

yeah I forgot to mention taylor(who looks more like a cartoon character with his pinhead and huge body)
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Welcome Aboard Modern Baking - however next time you run a competition, try to remember who you've sponsored. We're the MELBOURNE Storm. How many Melbourne based supporters are going to stump up the cash and accommodation to travel to Sydney for the runners' up prize of the Grand Final Footy Show?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i didnt know anything about this before watching the game. i thought it looked good on tv, and the anzac game will tie in nicely
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Unibic Anzac biscuits are nice and all but they're too crunchy. I prefer the softer Anzac biscuits.