Final Seating

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

:x Just phoned NRL and the guy i spoke to said all seating should be available, although you can't select a particular seat but all stands should be open for sale, maybe it's me but i smell a rat in this somewhere!!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you look at the Ticketek site it says Sea Eagles v Storm - just picking but it is our home game is should be Storm V Sea Eagles
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

one-eyed wrote::x Just phoned NRL and the guy i spoke to said all seating should be available, although you can't select a particular seat but all stands should be open for sale, maybe it's me but i smell a rat in this somewhere!!
A very big rat. I just rand Ticketek asking are there any seats available in the Eastern stand and she said there weren't. WTF is going on here?
Brian
Squall
Squall

We have been members since 1998
Will not be members in 2013
Whats the point
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brian wrote:We have been members since 1998
Whats the point
I think you'll find that it is an NRL stuff up...not Melbourne Storm stuff up.

Not being a Member hurts the Club.

Best option IMHO is to continue to be a Member and then remind the Club of their obligation to advocate on behalf of Members at every opportunity.

This is the best that can be hoped for.

Being...or not being ....a Club Member won't stop or cause NRL stuff ups like today.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Got tickets Eastern side very happy NOW
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whats the point
Pretty sure most on here have been members on here since day dot as well and as incredibly frustrating it is not being able to get our own seats, as mentioned its out of the clubs hands and you'd only be hurting them by not renewing, not the NRL. Not to mention you hurting yourself by not seeing them play so given all that I reckon there's plenty of point.

Anyway I ended up getting ours and I'm glad I waited. The elusive eastern stand in bay 6 on the 50 so it turned out ok in the end. What a lima lima lima duck shambles though, what sort of tin pot organization are these dickheads running?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The way they run ticketing for cinema websites is so much better than the way Ticketek does things. It will show you on a map which seats are sold, which seats are available and then you can choose what you want. Why don't they do that?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:
Whats the point
Pretty sure most on here have been members on here since day dot as well and as incredibly frustrating it is not being able to get our own seats, as mentioned its out of the clubs hands and you'd only be hurting them by not renewing, not the NRL. Not to mention you hurting yourself by not seeing them play so given all that I reckon there's plenty of point.
The point is this club needs a serious boot up the arse, the admin side is next to useless.

For years the NRL has been in charge of the finals yet the Storm were still able to arrange for reserved seat members to have first chance to their seat for home finals, until last year when we were told that it can't be done, someone should've told the Broncos that because they were able to get first chance at their reserved seats last year.

The club cares nothing about their common members.

I reckon GA is a good chance of selling out for this final potentially leaving tons of empty seats on the eastern and western sides.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well if that's the case (Storm running ticketing) then they should get a kick up the arse, but until that's proven/dis-proven either way everyone else is saying it's the NRL that runs the show these days so i'm going along those lines.

They're the ones who send out the ticket info/codes, also when people rang to complain about the ticketing stuff up yesterday they didn't come back and say "Call the Storm as they're in charge of ticket allocation" which you'd think they would've said if that was the case. The NRL are loathe to admit their massive *lima lima lima duck* ups at the best of times let alone accept someone elses. They'd have passed the buck quick smart if it wasn't their doing.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I don't think you read the post right Ice, the club have worked with the NRL & Ticketek in the past to save members seating and give them first crack and there is NO WAY the admin don't have some say or control in some way of OUR home ground - this doesn't happen now because seemingly the latest lot just don't care. ::) The club have the details from the NRL long before they let on and they're not passing on the info to the loyal members. Don't let them make you think they're totally blameless in all this.
There's porkies being told and balls being dropped all over the place about this, the fact is that the admin side of the club is badly hurting the Storm "brand" started all those years ago by Reebs & Johnsy. :'(
The players & supporters are doing their part but the admin has been steadily worsening over the past five years or so, be it lack of communication or carelessness or whatever, and it's damn sad for all of us who remember the "good old days" of our Storm Family.
Wouldn't you like to get that feeling back?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:I don't think you read the post right Ice, the club have worked with the NRL & Ticketek in the past to save members seating and give them first crack and there is NO WAY the admin don't have some say or control in some way of OUR home ground - this doesn't happen now because seemingly the latest lot just don't care. ::) The club have the details from the NRL long before they let on and they're not passing on the info to the loyal members. Don't let them make you think they're totally blameless in all this.
I understand how in the past at the Graveyard members were given first crack at their seats, as they rightly should have. As our lot were always general members at OP it never affected us back then as we'd just buy GA tickets for finals and stand in our normal spot.

We upgraded to Premiers club since moving to AAMI so it obviously affects us now and while i'm as pissed off as the next person we cant keep our usual seats, i've just taken it as read that the NRL now do all the ticketing given that's all i've heard. Not from the club either as i have very little to no contact with them but more so on other forums on LU and that who all seem to be under the same impression.

I'm in no way any sort of an apologist of the club admin, they've dropped the ball plenty of times on many things and like i said in my previous post if they're responsible for the ticketing debacle yesterday they need a good foot up the arse and to be held accountable. But given we cant be 100% sure either way i don't want to hang draw and quarter them if there's no reason to. A bit of clarity would be nice with someone coming out and telling it like it is one way or another but i think we both know we wont be getting that in a hurry.

Tigger wrote:The players & supporters are doing their part but the admin has been steadily worsening over the past five years or so, be it lack of communication or carelessness or whatever, and it's damn sad for all of us who remember the "good old days" of our Storm Family.
Wouldn't you like to get that feeling back?
I would love nothing more to get that feeling back Tigger. I'm sure every person who used to go into the social club next door to the Graveyard after every game remembers those days fondly and as some of the best times we've all had at the club. I bet every single one of us that were there had at the very leastshared a beer with Rusty and headed on down the road with him Danny Williams and Ben Roarty to continue the festivities lol They were just brilliant day and for sure i miss them.

We stopped going to the after match functions when they started charging General members for the privilege and that was the start for me to see how the club was changing and not necessarily for the better. We just saw it as a bit of a slap in the face as i'm sure other members did when they started to male GA pay. Since then i can count on one hand the amount of after match functions we've been to even when we didn't have to pay any more.

That said though as much as i loved those old days in the 'shed' and would love to have them back, both the club and the game have moved well past that. I don't like it in many ways but it's just the way how both have evolved. I just choose to ignore the admin these days, for me and all of us it's wholly and solely about the team, the coaches and it's every bit as much about us supporters as well. We're the ones that were there a long time before anyone in the office was and we'll all be there a hell of a lot longer after they're all gone ;)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I so LOVED the days in the Social Club at the graveyard when it was SO PACKED.The players were happy to stop and have a chat and I think they genuinely liked mixing with the fans.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Has anyone heard anything yet as to what time gates open on Friday?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

515pm two vic schools are playing