Melbourne vs Souths Finals Week1 Saturday 8/09 5:45pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good luck

[ Post made via Android ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll say this here since its apart of the game. What a joke the press conference was today. Whoever came up with the questions for Bill should be......
Alls Ken Sutcliffe would ask was GI this GI that. But right at the end said. Oh do you think you can win. Pfffffft.

Looks like we are under the radar boys n girls. No one gives to hoots about us.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote:I'll say this here since its apart of the game. What a joke the press conference was today. Whoever came up with the questions for Bill should be......
Alls Ken Sutcliffe would ask was GI this GI that. But right at the end said. Oh do you think you can win. Pfffffft.

Looks like we are under the radar boys n girls. No one gives to hoots about us.
Too right blazza. Also last night the fox panel all tipped rabbitohs for this weeks game. Given that Bunnies have never won in Melbourne I thought they would think otherwise but obviously they're bigoted Sydney minds don't care about Melbourne's records! Even tho I really like how we are flying so low under the radar and there is so much less pressure on us than previous years, a bit of recognition would be nice.

Nonetheless hopefully it keeps this way and we can all stick it in their faces when we win the premiership (fingers crossed!) >:D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Captains agree it's between Manly and Dogs
Hmm ? An article wallowing in 'Sydneycentric' journalism ::)

A week is a long time in footy.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I caught a bit of the Sharks/Cowboys game on Sunday afternoon and Gus asked Rabs who he thought was the favourite. He very quickly and matter of factly said Manly, basically dismissing every single other team - even the two finalists playing in the game right in front of him. I mean, come on. Give the other teams at least a little bit of credit.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fonua will want to be over his nerves because Sutton and Reynolds will bomb the living Christ out of him. You mark my words. Chambers is a HUUUUUUGE loss. Poor guy has had a rotten run with injury. Nielsen will want to take his game up a notch as Will has got his measure across the board.

As much as I'm keen for our business end of the season to start, I am salivating at Friday's nights match up. It is going to be a farkin' ball tearer!
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Anyone heard updated news on Will, Todd and Ryles?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I caught a bit of the Sharks/Cowboys game on Sunday afternoon and Gus asked Rabs who he thought was the favourite. He very quickly and matter of factly said Manly, basically dismissing every single other team - even the two finalists playing in the game right in front of him. I mean, come on. Give the other teams at least a little bit of credit.

Honestly think Rabs hates us. I listen to him on triple m every week, he never says anything good about the Storm, complains when he has to come down here. When was the last time he came down to call a Storm game for 9 ? He has become very unprofessional calling games.No surprise he likes a few of the sydney teams. We seem to not be in his focus. Haven't been all year.

Its amazing how many articles are about how good Souths atm. How on earth are we going to stop them.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
absentee wrote:I caught a bit of the Sharks/Cowboys game on Sunday afternoon and Gus asked Rabs who he thought was the favourite. He very quickly and matter of factly said Manly, basically dismissing every single other team - even the two finalists playing in the game right in front of him. I mean, come on. Give the other teams at least a little bit of credit.

Honestly think Rabs hates us. I listen to him on triple m every week, he never says anything good about the Storm, complains when he has to come down here. When was the last time he came down to call a Storm game for 9 ? He has become very unprofessional calling games.No surprise he likes a few of the sydney teams. We seem to not be in his focus. Haven't been all year.

Its amazing how many articles are about how good Souths atm. How on earth are we going to stop them.
The only thing Rabs has going for him is the epic sound of his voice. That's it. It's just a shame that almost everything he says is nonsense. Not only that, I hate it when he's calling a game he knows people in Melbourne will be watching and he says something like "for you people watching on GTV9 in Melbourne" and starts explaining the rules. His tone when he says "you people" sounds so condescending.

Gus, on the other hand, I like. I know he gets a lot of shit for bickering with Rabs, going on and on about stuff - but he's a character. You need people like Gus to keep things colourful. He's like Bobby Heenan sitting next to the play by play guy.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:

And then to rub salt into the wounds you open up the Herald Sun and here is GI in Rabbitoh colours just to annoy me even further
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6464704784

INJURED Melbourne Storm duo Will Chambers and Todd Lowrie received positive news after scans today with both now expected to take some part in the finals. Lowrie, who hurt his pectoral muscle in last Saturday's win over Wests Tigers, could return next week should he be needed while Chambers has targeted the preliminary final in week three to recover from his mild hamstring strain.

Any rehabilitation methods beyond the normal ones won't be required although the use of a hyperbaric chamber could be deemed necessary by Storm's medical staff to help their healing.Veteran prop Jason Ryles, who has a leg issue, also ran at training but he, along with winger Anthony Quinn and centre Justin O'Neill, will be required to complete all sessions this week to play against South Sydney on Saturday.

Storm officials were confident all should get up, but there were players on standby should they have to miss one more week.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Refs : Hayne/Robinson
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would you effing know it, that prick Hayne has been announced as one of the refs, Jason Robinson the other. Out of all of them he's the one i def wanted least.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Please no Quinn. I so do not care that he is a rookie, Fanua is a better player.
All that will happen if AQ is selected is that Souths will bomb the shit out of him and he'll give up like three tries.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Dane Nielsen
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith