Melbourne vs Souths Finals Week1 Saturday 8/09 5:45pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With injuries to Will Chambers and Todd Lowrie and rested players coming back into the team, this is how I can see the line-up this week for the Qualifying Final vs South Sydney:

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith (C)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Jaiman Lowe
17. Kevin Proctor
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Quinn on the bench in place of Rory. Chambers a certainty not to play? If not Mahe gets another go I reckon.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lowrie and Chambers are both out for sure, Quinn and Ryles are next to no chance. A little concernIng.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Injuries definitely a concern. We'll need Ryles & Chambers. Quinn is a better choice off the bench imo
staticash
Squall
Squall

I thought we were just Reston ryles or is he injured?

S.W.A.S
staticash
Squall
Squall

*resting*

S.W.A.S
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith (C)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Sika Manu
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Jaiman Lowe
jstephens
Squall
Squall

The media guru for the club last night said via twitter that Vave is fit to play this week, pending whether or not Craig picks him. If this is so I'd definitely put him in
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What's wrong with Ryles ?
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ryles has a hammy problem. I think Ryles and Quinn will be good to go..hating the fact that Kostjacyn is playing tho..he is awful! my team line up

1. Slater
2. Waqa ( he has really nailed his spot in the team)
3. Neilson
4. o'Neil
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Brom
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Hoffy
13. Hincy

14. Kostwastyn (Vave hopefully)
15. Lowe
16. Faa'so
17. Proctor

think this is the team that will run out. Will like to see young Mahe get a run but not sure if i want him playing this game..
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kostjayson isn't horrible, he is just a solid player who will do his job. Doesn't threaten in attack at all.
I've been wondering if we would unleash Vave again this year, he has the size and ability to take Manu's role as our damaging ball runner in the coming years.
I thought Fa'aoso was good on Saturday night too and might keep his spot
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Steaming Stormer he is horrible mate...he can't run, attack or tackle...he isn't the biggest kid though but he isn't playing halfback he ends up playing 2nd row ot lock for us and the main requirement for that roll is to tackle! and run good angles! he does none. Also look at the team we are playing...having a little runt like him is a waste of a bench space seeing as souths forwards will go right over the top of him...just like the sharks did
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kostjaysen was a regular utility earlier in the season and was always pretty solid I thought, despite his size.
Craig experimented with him at 5/8 when he moved Widdop to fullback and he was crap. Clearly he's a better 2nd rower than a half, and that's where he'll be playing if he does on Saturday. He's a stand up bloke who does exactly what the coach asks of him.
Personally though I'd rather see Fa'aoso, Ryles and Vave get the call up, as we'll need some serious size to match the bunnies forwards.
As much as I'd love to see Mahe get another run I think Quinney's experience will be vital in the finals. Perhaps Mahe should've been given a run earlier so he'd be finals ready.

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mate, don't get me wrong, I hope he isn't in the side this week, I just think it's harsh to say he's horrible.
Yeah, his attack is poor, but I don't see him as a liability in defence. Trying to find the stats to see if I'm way off or not lol
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think the stats will be in his favour mate..think it was a few important missed tackles each game when he plays...we both might have to get the tape out haha