Melbourne vs Souths Finals Week1 Saturday 8/09 5:45pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

can someone please talk lowe out of retirement, was awesome last night
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

+100 :-) I never thought I'd say this but lately I've been beginning to think it's a shame he's pulled the pin. I'd love to see him stay with us
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nah. He is playing on his last legs. Wants to go out on a high, nothing to lose. While he has played well for us the last few weeks, I would still love to see some younger players come through next season.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:The NRL did a shit job promoting the game in my opinion and the pre-match and half time "entertainment" was woeful. That Sydney guy talking shit? Seriously haven't we got any Melbourne people that could do a better job than him? And "DJ Fingertips"? A nine year old could do as well as she was doing, ooh look at my fingertips, they are painted different colours, oh wow.
Forgot to mention, one positive was that we didn't have that stupid Storm D crap! ;D
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Seeing the NRL are in charge of everything to to with the finals, they most likely told Storm they could not do it.

Why were there red and green balloons everywhere at a Storm home game? I bet if this was played in Sydney, there would not have been purple balloons.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

why was play allowed to continue with balloons everywhere? shouldn't they have stopped play and removed the potential hazard? i know nothing happened, but, if slater had rolled his ankle on a balloon, we would be talking about it a lot!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where in the hell did the balloons come from anyway? I can't say i was paying any attention to anything Souffs before the game so never noticed them until play started.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:Where in the hell did the balloons come from anyway? I can't say i was paying any attention to anything Souffs before the game so never noticed them until play started.
From the Burrow, which was set up in the south east corner of the ground.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ah right. I did see the burrow during the game but just wasn't sure if the balloons was an NRL thing. They Rabbits fans must've ran out of air blowing them up because they were mighty quiet during the game :P
roberttuz

Mattpoet wrote:why was play allowed to continue with balloons everywhere? shouldn't they have stopped play and removed the potential hazard? i know nothing happened, but, if slater had rolled his ankle on a balloon, we would be talking about it a lot!
hehehe - are you thinking there were some "rogue"balloons out there?!!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a great effort by my CHAMPION TEAM..SO PROUD of the team. Can someone tell me if gi played last night? :lol:
I woke up yesterday morning feeling supremely confident.It never entered my head that we would lose.
SWAS...
Billy gave gi a lesson in what a great fullback has to do for his team.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If I buy some expensive looking equipment, pretend to play with some buttons and dials and jump around smiling for the camera, can I be a DJ, too? Seriously, how do these people keep getting work? While on the "entertainment" - I think the Pizza guy does an okay job (although I'd take Felicity Whelan and her purple pants in a heartbeat, thank you very much) but get all this dancing, kiss-cam nonsense away from me, please.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

+1
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:can someone please talk lowe out of retirement, was awesome last night
Jaiman was fantastic, he was clearly the most dominant prop out on the field. It's a shame he's retiring as he has hit probably the best form of his career.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote:Fantastic effort by the team, pisspoor effort by the NRL and the club.

I could go on about the game and the team but it's all been said by everyone before me.

The NRL did a shit job promoting the game in my opinion and the pre-match and half time "entertainment" was woeful. That Sydney guy talking shit? Seriously haven't we got any Melbourne people that could do a better job than him? And "DJ Fingertips"? A nine year old could do as well as she was doing, ooh look at my fingertips, they are painted different colours, oh wow.

And once again the national anthem went missing.

The gameday banner message was dictated by the club, how ordinary was it? Surely they could have come up with a better message than "No ordinary journey".
Rocky from Fat Pizza was pretty funny as ground announcer, however DJ Fingertips was pathetic. No national anthem again for a finals game (I'm pretty sure they forgot about it last year before the prelim as well). Also agree with the banner message, a weak effort considering it was a final.