Melbourne vs Souths Finals Week1 Saturday 8/09 5:45pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can't believe some of use were skeptical on bringing Hoffy back from the Super League. The bloke bleeds PURPLE. I can't imagine where we would be if it wasn't for some of Hoffman's efforts this season. He's defintley a contender for the player of the year award.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy has been our best all year. Puts his heart into everything. Gets knocked out...3 mins later scores 1st try...great game. He got Nines MOTM to.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sheer perfection. The refs saw to it that they evened the count second half but the result was never in doubt.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Great win with so many players out. Hopefully the extra week break helps a few (especially Chambers and Ryles) return.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was a fantastic win, the first 40 was easily the best half of football we've played post origin, if not all season. Our second half was fine as well, the ref's blew us out of it in that last 30.

Fonau was outstanding, he didn't put a foot wrong all night. Hopefully someone gives him a haircut before the preliminary! He can look to Rylesy for inspiration. That's how I like my wingers, aerodynamic yet stylish.

Sisa Waqa can warm the benches when Quinn/Chambers/Anyone with two legs returns.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

How come sika and ryles weren't playing?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Sisa Waqa can warm the benches when Quinn/Chambers/Anyone with two legs returns.

Sisa has been awesome since he has come into the team. No reason to drop. 19 runs for 162m 5 tackle busts and 2 linebreaks. Pretty damn good stats.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So proud of the boys tonight GO STORM
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good win but the 2nd half was a six all draw.

Concerned we are content with defending our lead and not adding to it. Think bellamy will want to address that.

Top defensive effort on Mahe's side in the second half to stop 3 attacking raids from Everinhjam and Farrell. Ingliss was contained to the point of being a spectator which helped us plenty but I don't know how he's expected to perform when the forwards are being dominated and are more interested in fighting (Crocker, god love him, let his discipline go out the window and Taylor was a teat) and moaning about being hard done by than playing footy.

Hoffman was superhuman tonight. I just hope Vave and proctor don't have much to answer for. Vave is crucial. And I hope Ryles is back cos based on that head injury Fa'aoso has played his last game.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:Sheer perfection. The refs saw to it that they evened the count second half but the result was never in doubt.
There's been this disturbing trend this season where the refs are more lenient towards the team getting flogged...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

can't think of a single storm player who played badly, shows how great we were across the board, go storm!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Is Proctor in trouble with his spear tackle report? Hope he is okay but knowing the judiciary, they might throw the book at him.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Awesome effort
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fantastic effort by the team, pisspoor effort by the NRL and the club.

I could go on about the game and the team but it's all been said by everyone before me.

The NRL did a shit job promoting the game in my opinion and the pre-match and half time "entertainment" was woeful. That Sydney guy talking shit? Seriously haven't we got any Melbourne people that could do a better job than him? And "DJ Fingertips"? A nine year old could do as well as she was doing, ooh look at my fingertips, they are painted different colours, oh wow.

And once again the national anthem went missing.

The gameday banner message was dictated by the club, how ordinary was it? Surely they could have come up with a better message than "No ordinary journey".
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
KimmorleyKiller wrote: Sisa Waqa can warm the benches when Quinn/Chambers/Anyone with two legs returns.

Sisa has been awesome since he has come into the team. No reason to drop. 19 runs for 162m 5 tackle busts and 2 linebreaks. Pretty damn good stats.
Kimmorley Killer isn't on board the SWAS yet. I can't believe you think Quinn should replace Waqa. Sisa has been one of our best players the last 5 to 6 weeks. I think if anyone Fonua will be the one to miss out. Bellamy seems to love experience so if Quinn comes back into the team it will be at the expense of Fonua. Personally I wouldn't be bringing Quinn back, unless he plays Rory's bench utility role. If Chambers returns Fonua may get squeezed out and O'Neill may move to the wing. Kimmorley Killer I am glad you aren't picking the team because Sisa Waqa should be one of the first players picked.

How good were our team last night? Our best game for a while. Our completions of 88 or 90% depending on where you look was magnificent considering when there was some rain around. As mentioned above Hoffy was awesome again and will definitely go close to the player of the year. Jaiman Lowe keeps getting better. All the boys did really well. Go the Storm boys.