Melbourne vs Souths Finals Week1 Saturday 8/09 5:45pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Will Chambers and Todd Lowrie are to huge losses but nothing we can't replace by any means. Our bench this week is probably the biggest, strongest and most inform it has been in a couple of months. Vave is a big plus and Fa'aoso had a good game last week. Despite Bunnies having one of the biggest forward packs in the league, I think we have just about got them matched this week. I'm a little concerned however of Quinn coming back in right after injury and he's going to make me nervous every time the Bunnies go out that side on Saturday. I think Kostjasyn and Fa'aoso will be cut from the bench, and don't be suprised if Bellyache changes Quinn for for Fonua at the last minute.

With the issue of stopping GI, in my opinion I think Billy will run circles around GI. Despite having a pretty solid year, I think GI is highly overrated as a fullblack. If Billy, Sisa or Justin come up to him one-on-one in the last line of defence, they will win 9 times out of 10. GI's try saving play last week was incredible, but something that we won't see him conjure up too often.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am sick about hearing about how good GI is at fullback. Storm have a petty good fullback and every one seams to forgotten this.

On Sunday's Footy Show Terry Kennedy said that everyone has forgotten about Slater. Most of the time I tink this guy talks rubbish, but last Sunday he said that if the Queensland side was picked tomorrow Slater would be fullback, Slater has played less games than GI, but has scored more trys, had more try assists and run more metres this season.

The rest of the panel said nothing, not a word.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Its all hype Glenn. Souths are a big sydney club and well sydney media will always talk them up. I as well just laugh at people saying Bill had a poor season. Do these people forget how good he was in the first 8-10 games and pre kneee injury. He was doing everything for us. Playing as good as Barba or Inglis is now. But that's the past isn't it.

Also we have Cam and Cooper. Game plan for one and the other 2 will run rings around you. I hope Cam has his running boots on saturday night. If he makes anywhere near 100m we win.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Kostjasyn in and worse yet, Shayne Hayne reffing??? What the f*cking f*ck!? There goes any hope of some kind of equality in the ruck...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ahhh your all making me feel sick....gotta stop reading these posts or ill have a heart attack by sat

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ray warren just openly said on triple m he is rooting for Souths this week. And then said I'll be calling the game. So inproffesional

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Now you know why 'the other boof heads' call him Rabbit :lol:
Don't give a shit who the talking heads chatter for.
Just interested in what 17 purple people do for 80 minutes on Saturday.
And the roar that can be made by stands full of more purple people 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:So Kostjasyn in and worse yet, Shayne Hayne reffing??? What the f*cking f*ck!? There goes any hope of some kind of equality in the ruck...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Could be worse they could put paul simplekins in the video ref seat.
how many STORM tries on Saturday night will be referred to video ref?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It`s Hayne Stormy. They will all be referred to video because that piece of ____ cant stand awarding us a try unless he has too. Geez, none of them are that flash but why did we have to draw that turd as a ref.
On a better note, rapt to see Vave`s name on the list and hope he plays. Cant wait for kickoff but already nervous, god knows what Im going to be like by Saturday :)
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thank Christ we won't have to put up with listening to that senile old fart Warren calling the wrong names and he's ridiculously bias commentating. As for the GI, yes he's been good the last few weeks but for most of the season he's been as hot and cold as what he always has. Bill might put in the odd quiet game here and there but he plays a hell of a lot more good/great games than what he does quiet ones as opposed to Inglis who's the opposite.

Bill has done it consistently for several years now and as brilliant as GI can be at times I can't ever see him having that same consistency over a sustained period. As mentioned the Sydneycentric turds up there have a very short memory, it's amazing how short their attention span is when their heads can be turned so easily after just a couple of games. It just really makes me want to see our boys shove it right up their arses more than ever Saturday night.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Thank Christ we won't have to put up with listening to that senile old fart Warren calling the wrong names and he's ridiculously bias commentating. As for the GI, yes he's been good the last few weeks but for most of the season he's been as hot and cold as what he always has. Bill might put in the odd quiet game here and there but he plays a hell of a lot more good/great games than what he does quiet ones as opposed to Inglis who's the opposite.

Bill has done it consistently for several years now and as brilliant as GI can be at times I can't ever see him having that same consistency over a sustained period. As mentioned the Sydneycentric turds up there have a very short memory, it's amazing how short their attention span is when their heads can be turned so easily after just a couple of games. It just really makes me want to see our boys shove it right up their arses more than ever Saturday night.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
The media attention given to GI reminds me a little bit (but nowhere near as bad) of 2009 and the media with Hayne being the best player in the world because he had played well for 4 to 6 weeks.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I notice on the video on the Storm website that Maurice Blair has been named in jersey number 20.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Guys it doesn't matter who's calling the game and what not, we will be the ones at the game, the crowd have the biggest voice! 20,000 cheering Melbournians is much louder than one bigoted Hadlee or Warren. The players won't hear journo's talking up GI or rabbs saying how much he loves rabbitohs when they're playing, they'll hear us!!

Go Storm!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

jstephens wrote:Guys it doesn't matter who's calling the game and what not, we will be the ones at the game, the crowd have the biggest voice! 20,000 cheering Melbournians is much louder than one bigoted Hadlee or Warren. The players won't hear journo's talking up GI or rabbs saying how much he loves rabbitohs when they're playing, they'll hear us!!

Go Storm!
Well said J....Make plenty of noise and scare the rabbits back to their burrow.I hope we don`t get gray hadlee commentating our game.Can you imagine wanker smith and gray hadlee together.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

How are you feeling Sally? I am 100% confident for this game on Sat night.Chill and just relax the boys will do us proud.