Storm Vs Tigers Team

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hi Guys I think it is best to rest some players this week. This is how I see the team lining up this week feel free to add your own team or any thoughts you may have..one more week till the finals!!! Can't wait!!!

1. O'niel
2. Waqa
3. Nielson
4. Chambers
5. Quinn
6. Blair
7. Widdop
8. Norrie
9. Hinchy
10. Ryles
11. Manu
12, Hoffy
13. Lowrie

14. Kostjacyn
15. Proctor
16. Faaso
17. Lowe
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

None of the storm players will be rested after last years debacle

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if i was bellamy the only player i would rest would be Gareth....or NOONE

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Maurice Blair
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Sika Manu
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jaiman Lowe
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. Kenny Bromwich
16. Riche Fa'aoso
17. Siosaia Vave
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No resting players key players like the Big 3 or Widdop, it cost us momentum for the finals when the Roosters destroyed the Storm in R26 last year. There might be a couple of players dropped though, especially Sika and maybe Danger for Juzzy. Here's the team I'd like to see:

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Will Chambers
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith (C)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Jamian Lowe
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think the team that you guys are naming will be the team named by the club but won't be the team taking the field Sat night...
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cherry_Poppins wrote:None of the storm players will be rested after last years debacle

I wouldn't call Manly winning the comp a debacle 'the Eagle" you should enjoy the last comp you will win for years
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be honest i don't think we had a great deal of momentum weeks before the Roosters game last year and resting players had little to do with our finals performance. We were only travelling just ok in the lead up to the last game of the regular season and IMO we were well and truly spent come finals time. Looking back now in hindsight, while at the time i was devastated as we all were i'm actually glad we didn't beat the Warriors in the Prelim because on form i don't think there was much chance of winning the GF. As much as it hurt losing the Prelim we all know it hurts a hell of a lot more losing a GF. Of course we'll never know for sure but that's just my thinking.

As for resting players this year i'm not so sure it's for the best. If we were playing much better footy then i'd be more inclined to sit one or two out, especially Coops since he hasn't had a break. That said there's no hiding from the fact that we haven't played anywhere near our best footy for a fair while now (with the exception against a very poor Panthers side) and i just don't think it'd be a great idea to go into the finals resting our play makers the week before.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:None of the storm players will be rested after last years debacle

I wouldn't call Manly winning the comp a debacle 'the Eagle" you should enjoy the last comp you will win for years
LOL!

Yeah because a Manly in the top 4 will go out in straight sets :P

Whats with "the Eagle" ? I occasionally read that in relation to my posts,is that
because i am "the eagle" around here? or you have me mixed up with someone else?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don`t think we should rest anyone and I don`t think any of my CHAMPION TEAM want to be rested.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

my team would be:

1 slater
2 waqa
3 nielsen
4 chambers
5 o'neil
6 whiddop
7 cronk
8 bromwich
14 hinchy
10 ryles
11 proctor
12 hoffy
13 lowrie

9 smith
15 lowe
16 vave
17 would like to see fa'aoso but i think belly will give manu another shot
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

O'Neill if fit for Quinn.
I'd give Manu 1 more chance maybe of the bench.
More importantly lets play some error free football and work on some set plays in attack.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The team named is the same team that took on the Sharks with O'Neill in for Nielsen. Whether that is the team that actually takes the field is another story.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Refs are Archer and Suttor. Well, at least we don't have Hayne, Badger or Cecchin reffing us this week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:Refs are Archer and Suttor. Well, at least we don't have Hayne, Badger or Cecchin reffing us this week.
Ruins my week when I see Hayne's name listed against a Storm game... I don't know how this tosser holds an NRL refereeing gig down. Orange tan, egotistical, d*ck. I'm sure Ray Hadley and Shayne Hayne would love to get together for a beer and discuss how the Storm deserve to die a painful death.