Finals

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

And I suppose CherryEagle has also forgotten how his beloved Seagulls are favoured by the judiciary at finals time, whereas our players are subjected to unprecedented sentences.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does anybody know how the finals system plays out?

Is it 1 V 4 on Friday night

5 V 8 on Saturday
6 V 7 on Saturday

2 V 3 on Sunday arvo

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote:Ice Bulldogs play Roosters not Manly!!!!!

LOL dunno WTF i was thinking there :lol:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Sydney teams choose to play out of shit hole suburban grounds like Brookvale then they have to cop having to play finals elsewhere at bigger and better venues. AAMI Park and Suncorp BOTH fit the criteria that finals venues must have a certain capacity hence why they're being played there. Besides, what an absolutely retarded suggestion to not allow games to be played at 2 of the best RL venues in Australia and even more stupid suggest they be moved to ovals designed for football and cricket! That'll do me :lol:
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Does anybody know how the finals system plays out?

Is it 1 V 4 on Friday night

5 V 8 on Saturday
6 V 7 on Saturday

2 V 3 on Sunday arvo

As far as I know it is not set in stone like the old system. The old system is set in stone because the outcome of who progressed was dependent on other matches. So 4 v 5 had to be first because of the nature of the finals competition.

So it will be up to the ARLC to determine what time each team plays. This will be announced on Sunday. The AFL finals should get announced tonight and there will definitely be one and probably two AFL finals outside Melbourne (assuming the Pies beat the Dons tonight), so hopefully the ARLC put the Storm final on where there is no AFL final in Melbourne.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw this interesting comment in an article on Age / SMH website. Not sure if they know something we don't re: the timing of our final.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 253cg.html

If Melbourne win the minor premiership, the presentation is expected to be made at their home final on Sunday week.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

When else could the presentation be made? The minor premiership won't be decided until the results of the Storm & Bulldogs games are known. As both games are being played at 7:30pm tonight the presentation could only have been held tonight if they happened to have the shield at the right ground.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sorry,had a bit of a skinfull last night

But my opinion still stands,if Sharks/Mergepies/Saints/Parra/Manly must play in
a concrete dungeon for finals,teams who play in concrete dungeons must move
to another concrete dungeon,hell id play the GF at the SFS if Dogs/Souffs were
in it

Also Blair is a disgusting overpaid filth merchant,he should have been banned for
life for his dog shots on a rookie,he got 7 because of his dog shots then the fight
on the sideline,Gifty got 5 for just the fight on the sideline and shouldnt have been
binned in the first bloody place,he threw no punches till the sideline altercation where
predictably that disgusting grub would have said something filthy about Gifty's brother
and i will bet any of you thats the subject matter that grub used to provocate that
brawl,i'll know in about 5 years because im buying both books! lol
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry mate get over it. He doesn't play for us anymore. It was 12 months ago. Move on. We are here to talk about Storm and in this topic Finals football.

At this point your mob are clear favourites in my eyes. Peaking at the right time. Well getting players back healthy at the right time. Still not sure about the Dogs. They have played way above expectations. GI makes Souths contenders. We will be dangerous if the big 3 step up. Cows I just don't trust at all, they suck playing outside of QLD. Everyone else is there just to be there.

Going to be one hell of a playoff series.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The top 8 is decided. Top 5 is set, two games tomorrow to decide the order for 6, 7 & 8.

TV Guide says GEM will be showing the Friday final live, hopefully they do the same for all of the finals. I'd love to see grand final day in it's entirety, not the cut down version we get on Ch Nein.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

GF will be on Nein, and yeah most likely cut off right after full time

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:When else could the presentation be made? The minor premiership won't be decided until the results of the Storm & Bulldogs <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="#">games</a> are known. As both games are being played at 7:30pm tonight the presentation could only have been held tonight if they happened to have the shield at the right ground.
Surandy because the two matches were only 12 kilometres apart there was some suggestion that the trophy would be parked somewhere between the two venues and taken to the appropriate venue when the minor premiership looked like being decided.

In any case if the Storm weren't going to receive the trophy at Leichardt they could have had the trophy at ANZ.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote:Just saw this interesting comment in an article on Age / SMH website. Not sure if they know something we don't re: the timing of our final.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 253cg.html

If Melbourne win the minor premiership, the presentation is expected to be made at their home final on Sunday week.
Looking at the AFL finals I am now certain we'll play ours on Sunday afternoon.

Two AFL finals being played at the MCG, Friday night and Saturday night, so Sunday is the only time we could play that would not result in a clash.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sterlo thinks Sat night. But I think sunday arvo to.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOW Newsflash..Sterlo" Thinks"..I wouldn`t have believed it cos of all the crap that comes out of his gob.