Finals

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, whatever happens from here we are almost guaranteed of finishing in the top 4. This means we will play either the Friday night, 7th of Sept or Sunday arvo, 9th of Sept.

I say almost guaranteed because we would need to lose both of our remaining games by a fair margin and the Seagulls, Bunnies & Cowboys would all need to win their remaining games for us to be at risk of dropping to 5th and thus facing an elimination final at home on the Saturday night, 8th of Sept. For the Cowboys to finish above us we would need to lose both our remaining games by an aggregate 40 points then the Cowboys would need to win their remaining game by at least 18.

A win on Monday or next Saturday will ensure we finish top 2 regardless of other results (ok mathematically we could finish 4th but very unlikely given our points differential compared to the Seagulls and Bunnies) and thus gain a home final in the qualifying final in the first week with another home final in the prelim if we win or semi if we lose.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And just to add We could finish first still...if the Doggies lose their last game and we win both our games

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yes good point. Especially if they play next week like they did against Canberra.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Week 1 will most probs be against Manly. What a game that will be.

Love this under the radar business to. Experts can keep talking up all the NSW teams the want. I think even the Cowboys get more talk than us atm.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Week 1 will most probs be against Manly. What a game that will be.

Love this under the radar business to. Experts can keep talking up all the NSW teams the want. I think even the Cowboys get more talk than us atm.
A bashup in week 1 with the other team going to the other side of the
finals draw to bash up again for the prize,i wouldnt complain
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Manly are the team I don't want to meet in week one of the finals.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While there's certain teams you'd rather meet in week one playing Manly don't hold any fears for me if the cards fall that way. It's the finals, only the best teams survived to make it and you have to beat them or anyone else sooner or later to win the GF. Besides it's still not set in stone just yet we'll face the scum in the first week, if the Rabbits get over the Eels today it'll all come down to next week where it'll be Rabbits v Knights at Newcastle and Moanly v Tits at the GC. Of course if the Rabbits get done today it's all but over but if they win there's only 9 points difference between the two atm so it'll set up 2 huge games next week.

Anyway, we still have to win at least another game first so that's all i'm worried about right now.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Versing Manly week 1 of the finals has it's benefits.
Versing them in week 1 means that if we are to verse them again in the finals it will only be the GF. It also means that if we beat them week 1, we will most likely verse either Rabbitohs or Cowbys in Melbourne in the Prelim.
We have a 75% win record at AAMI Park so regardless who we verse we should be confident at home, but a Manly week one clash on the Sunday arvo will be huge!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So the rabbits won by 32 points which takes them to 3rd with a +23 point advantage over the scum. So obviously if they both win next week then Manly will have to win by a heap to overtake the Rabbits. I honestly don't care how it plays out, lets just win one more at least (hopefully two) then bring on the finals no matter who we play! Would also love it to be on the Sunday arvo at AAMI.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, tonights win puts us in 2nd meaning that we get a home final week one and a second home final in week two or week three.

Saturday night will be interesting given both we and the Bulldogs play at 7:30pm. By the end of our game we should know who's on first and what's on second.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So If Moanly don't beat the Roosters by 36+ points we'll be playing the Rabbits next week which will more than likely be on Sunday you'd think.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice Bulldogs play Roosters not Manly!!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hmm, NRL website doesn't seem to have details of exact dates for finals anymore. FFS they love to make it hard to make ANY plans! They also have contradictory information regarding which venues may be used for finals. On the Finals Information page it says for weeks two and three that only Etihad or MCG can be used yet on the Finals Predictor page it includes AAMI Park as a possibility!

Guess I'll have to check back on Saturday night to see if it's updated regarding when and where we are playing.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shouldn't be allowed to play week one at aami,newscorp favoritism

Also donkeys should use the gabba, but no news team will ever have the sanctions of an ARL loyalist team, i'm still pissed that gloryhound Heather got his SL tests counted when Menzies played for 2 NRL clubs (NE and MWSE, same license to compete though)

There's a lot of news favoritism still rife in the game, you just need to open your eyes to see it

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

No need to open your eyes Chez..STORM supporters can hear the commentators favoring ANY team that play us.gray hadley nearly cried the other week when we got up and won against the donkeys.