Round 25 Game Discussion v Cronulla Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here's the line-up i'd take into this crucial clash:

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Chambers
4. Neilsen
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. Ryles
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Proctor
16. Bromwich
17. Lowe

Quinn and Waqa were good out of dummy half against the broncos but i just feel they are no better in defence than the other 2 including defensive reads, and they are nowhere near as good in the air, and i think Duff and Juz are quicker and better finishers so they both come back in for me, the only other change would be Danger coming back in, our left edge defence was paper thin vs Broncos, Dane will tighten that right up and even though he isnt as dynamic as say O'Neill, he will not miss any tackles (if he plays like we all know he can). I also think everytime Jesse starts off the bench he has a screamer, why change it?

Thoughts?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jason Ryles
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Jesse Bromwich
17. Jaiman Lowe/Siosva Vave
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Bellyache likes what he sees from Waqa. Going from the post match anyway. He will stay. Unless Duffie has a blinder in the NSW cup he wont be back yet. Although coming in for Quinn would be good. Norrie will miss time surely with the elbow.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. O'neill
4. Chambers
5. Nielsen
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwhich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Ryles
16. Manu
17. Vave

I was not a fan of starting Ryles at start of year. He's good for 20 minutes each half from the bench but Jesse coming off the bench witjh fresh legs last night had a huge game. I'd rotate Ryles and Bromwhich.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

While I'm looking forward to some of or guys coming back I don't think Waqa deserves to be dropped. Each game he is getting better as his confidence grows and he was sound under the high ball last night. His defence was good and he had some good runs

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm sticking with Waqa on the right with Chambers and have O'Neil replace Quinn to make way for Neilson.
Based on his most recent performances this year Duffie would have to be 110% fit, overflowing with enthusiasm, and absolutely tearing 'em to pieces in NSWCup to let him anywhere near our team. That being said, I hope it's the case because he'd be great at full strength.
Norrie will miss at least 1 week I reckon, if not 5 (enough to ensure he doesn't play in GF). Is Vave available? If so he'd be an awesome inclusion.

Slater
O'Neil
Neilson
Chambers
Waqa
Widdop
Cronk
Ryles
Smith
Vave
Manu
Hoffman
Lowrie

Hinchcliffe
Proctor
Bromwich
Lowe

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've changed my mind. Why change a winning formula?

Unchanged lineup from last night, pending match review committee of course

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the sharkies on twitter said Duff played well but didnt do much in the second half...they sharkies won
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Go Storm wrote:I'm sticking with Waqa on the right with Chambers and have O'Neil replace Quinn to make way for Neilson.
Why would you even think about putting Nielsen back in the team??? We clearly don't miss him and I reckon he might have played his last game for the Storm. I think Bellyache's loyalty in him diminished when he had that run of shockers during the form slump.

I was critical of Waqa for most of this year but I think he has finally found his feet on the wing and is finding some consistency (although he sometimes gives fans a heart attack, especially when he almost dropped the ball over the line with the benefit of the doubt try).

Wing/Centre Line-Up when Duffie returns:
2. Duffie
3. O'Neill
4. Chambers
5. Waqa

Quinny goes back to the bench.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gareth Widdop will play his 50th game v the Sharks. Congratulations Gaz.

Matt Duffie is also sitting on 49 games so when he plays his next NRL game it will also be his 50th game.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Gareth Widdop will play his 50th game v the Sharks. Congratulations Gaz.

Matt Duffie is also sitting on 49 games so when he plays his next NRL game it will also be his 50th game.

Good mathematics Scooter on Duffie
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:
Scooter wrote:Gareth Widdop will play his 50th game v the Sharks. Congratulations Gaz.

Good mathematics Scooter on Duffie
Thanks for your sarcasm Big Jim. I was merely pointing out that baring injury Widdop is a certain starter v Sharks whereas Duffie isn't.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Loving your work Big Jim, keep it light hearted :-)

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well done to Gaz and potentially Duffie on game number 50
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm