Finals 'Home' ground

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I maybe getting a bit ahead of myself here but looking at the NRL finals schedule. If storm make round 2 of the finals we have to play at either Etihad or MCG.
I believe the capacity for AAMI park is 30,000.
Other home ground stadiums with less capacity are still deemed ok for finals footy

Skilled (gold coast) 27,000
Canberra 25,000
Dairy farmers (nrth Qld) 26,000

Energy Australia (newcastle) 32,000

how come we can not play at AAMI as our 'home town' stadium??
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think is has something to do with the contract Melbourne Storm have with AAMI Park!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Last year we could have played week three of the finals at Etihad Stadium but played at AAMI Park instead. I wouldn't worry about it. If we make it that far, I'm confident it will be at AAMI Park.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm pretty sure it's up to the discretion of the NRL but we did play last years prelim final at AAMI against the Warriors so i can't see why it'd be any different this year if we got that far.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think its bullshit,you should have to play somewhere like the MCG because its about as relevant as the SFS is to Manly

We can fit in about 22k at current and VS NQL there was no need for a move
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeh but that 22k will be your fans mate ...they want both teams fan to be able to watch that game esp if you in the finals with another syd team...different in our case 90% will always be storm fans no matter who or where we play (even warriors LOL)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol id almost prefur to play at Etihad cause we seem to be having trouble winning at Aami

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:Yeh but that 22k will be your fans mate ...they want both teams fan to be able to watch that game esp if you in the finals with another syd team...different in our case 90% will always be storm fans no matter who or where we play (even warriors LOL)
The Cows had about 50 turn up last year at the sfs, the experiment has failed miserably, everyone is welcome at brookie infact during the battle of brookie I was having a chat to a father and son who travelled all the way from Melbourne, on that night you blokes may have had around 50 there in a capacity crowd, none were harmed

[ Post made via Android ] Image
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Like I said its not all about manly no one should have to watch footy at brooky the place is in dire need of an upgrade. In a better ground ie any other ground in Sydney it gives other supporters a chance to not only get in but also watch the game in comfort. Besides you won't make the top 4 anyway so its really not going to be relevant for you this year...you'll be playing elsewhere

Utha
Squall
Squall

New finals system means if they finish 5th or 6th they will get a home final.

Ideally we want to finish 1 or 2 so we don't have to travel in week one.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:Like I said its not all about manly no one should have to watch footy at brooky the place is in dire need of an upgrade. In a better ground ie any other ground in Sydney it gives other supporters a chance to not only get in but also watch the game in comfort. Besides you won't make the top 4 anyway so its really not going to be relevant for you this year...you'll be playing elsewhere

Lol, its not over yet

Gallop's last dog act against us is the stupidity of the home finals, see you at the MCG

I love how super league teams still get home finals,MCG or bust

scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It won't be the MCG it will be our normal home ground...I think Gallop has nothing to do with anything anymore more mate..if your team won more games they would get the first finals at Brooky then the next final would be at SFS or homebush so it shouldn't really matter as the GF is not at your home ground!!

Either way if you guys make it in the 4 then youcan have your game at Brooky so whats the problem? last time your mob played a final in Melbourne you got your ass;s handed to you on a silver platter so for your sake let's hope they move all finals to SYD!!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:It won't be the MCG it will be our normal home ground...I think Gallop has nothing to do with anything anymore more mate..if your team won more games they would get the first finals at Brooky then the next final would be at SFS or homebush so it shouldn't really matter as the GF is not at your home ground!!

Either way if you guys make it in the 4 then youcan have your game at Brooky so whats the problem? last time your mob played a final in Melbourne you got your ass;s handed to you on a silver platter so for your sake let's hope they move all finals to SYD!!
I'm sorry but i wouldn't be highlighting that,results of that season are irrelevant unlike the season before
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just in case people are still getting confused regarding the finals system for 2012, teams ranked 1st, 2nd, 5th & 6th get home games for Week 1 of the finals (as opposed to the previous 1st-4th system)... here's the flowchart:

Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:Like I said its not all about manly no one should have to watch footy at brooky the place is in dire need of an upgrade. In a better ground ie any other ground in Sydney it gives other supporters a chance to not only get in but also watch the game in comfort. Besides you won't make the top 4 anyway so its really not going to be relevant for you this year...you'll be playing elsewhere

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: