Storm vs Dragons at WIN Stadium 27/07 7:35pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dane Neilsen you are a joke, please go to NZ now

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why???? What are you idiots doing!!?

Monsoon
Monsoon

Season 2012 over, im out

storm boy !
Squall
Squall

we need some changes immediately! This is just a pathetic effort. bring Oneil back for quinn on the wing, and give fonua ago on the other wing instead of Waqa. Get Widdop back to 5/8 !!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Next week:

1. Slater
2. Fonua
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Tounemaipea
6. Widdop
7. Hampton
8. Lowe
9. Smith
10. Bromwich
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Harris
16. Davies
17. Ryles

mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Terrible, five straight losses is just pathetic. The first 35 minutes was some of the worst I have ever seen the Storm play. Billy needs a couple weeks to get back to 100% fitness, but this doesn't mean the rest of the team can put in another crap effort. Cronk's kicking game is just woeful. Why did Widdop need a rest? I was stumped at why Bellyache still keeps selecting Rory in a crucial position such as 5/8. Two out of the three tries Morris scored were off the back of intercepts in the Dragons' own 10m, which sums up the Storm's attacking woes. Waqa needs to go, Jaiman Lowe giving away a penalty from a 20m tap is poor, Cam Smith trying his little grubber kicks and on the last tackle on the Dragons goal line and failing does my head in. I could go on and on, but this team needs some serious changes otherwise not only is a top four spot in danger, but we may as well miss the top eight altogether.

Another thing, is Bellyache kidding himself at selecting the same team every single week during this slump? Does he really think they willl be a chance at winning?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nexttime wrote:Let's forget about the top 4. We may be lucky to make the top 12!!

Disgraceful. Gutless. Nothing.

hhhmmm...gotta love arm chair warriors.

jump off now champ...but don't bother getting back on any time soon.

You won't be welcome.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Next week:

1. Slater
2. Fonua
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Tounemaipea
6. Widdop
7. Hampton
8. Lowe
9. Smith
10. Bromwich
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Harris
16. Davies
17. Ryles

I would like to see a team like this, but for the first time in a decade of Bellyache coaching the Storm, I'm starting to lose faith in him if he decides to send the same line-up out on the field every week after numerous losses.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nexttime wrote:Let's forget about the top 4. We may be lucky to make the top 12!!

Disgraceful. Gutless. Nothing.
...and the horse you rode in on!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We don't have any depth so not much he can do really....we have some of the worst players in the NRL playing for us

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Neilson > Oneil
Waqa > fonua
Quinn > anyone but him!
kostjayson > Widdop
Norrie > garbutt

And give tohu harris a go .

I expect some changes this week !!! Were gonna fall out of the top 4 the way were going !

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can't believe the number of fair weather supporters on this forum. Sure things aren't going great but look at some positives eg. Billy will be better for the run and there was improvement in structured plays (the 2 first half tries). It is a cliche, but there is still 5 weeks to the finals, get Widdop, O'Neill and maybe Duffie back from injury and we are back to the side that won 9 on the trot. You lose form, not talent and there is time to regain form. Harden up people or if you want to support a truly crap team, go and follow some like the Roosters.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:I can't believe the number of fair weather supporters on this forum. Sure things aren't going great but look at some positives eg. Billy will be better for the run and there was improvement in structured plays (the 2 first half tries). It is a cliche, but there is still 5 weeks to the finals, get Widdop, O'Neill and maybe Duffie back from injury and we are back to the side that won 9 on the trot. You lose form, not talent and there is time to regain form. Harden up people or if you want to support a truly crap team, go and follow some like the Roosters.

+ 1....form is temporary...talent is permanent.

This team wasn't top of the table by 3 games for no reason.

None of us know the current training load...REAL injury concerns or psychological tiredness of Cam, Billy and Cooper from playing a gazillion games over the last few years.

Bellamy will be working on it ALL...have no doubt.

He and the players will want to perform and it will be just around the corner.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we cant win next week against the lowly panthers @ AAMI, with slater better for the run, and widdop, o'neill and lowrie back, i think its seriously time to start looking towards 2013.

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said Turtle

I recall last week Bellamy saying at halftime to treat the 2nd half like its a semi final.
I would not put it past this man that the first 30 minutes tonight was orchestrated to force us into an arm-wrestle. One we lost...again
But let's not underestimate how good Widdop had been at 5/8 prior to origin 2 (Billy's injury), and how much we've missed a proper halves combination. Compound that with the loss of O'Neil, who was on fire prior to injury. And Duffie, who I hope will return with some vigor that was lacking prior to injury, and we have an impressive lineup once again. Add Vave to the bench and our go-forward improves considerably.

Unfortunately our depth is thin this year. Most unfortunately recently is the team look lethargic without 'the big 4' (Widdop included) firing on all 4 cylinders.
I haven't looked ahead yet to next week, but I will not be surprised if Cronk is rested and we drop another game. But then we will have a few weeks to train and play as a full, and fit, team who are ready to peak in the finals, not before.

Remember also, the McIntyre system is gone. It is now 1,2,5&6 who get the home final. 1&2 get a heavyweight bout against 3&4, whereas 5&6 play the teams who just scraped in.
As strange as it seems for Melbourne to not be top 2, we're a long way off missing finals footy. A lot of people are getting too scared too soon.

I saw glimpses of brilliance tonight which haven't been on show for weeks. A couple more 'full dress rehearsals' and we'll be ready for the main stage. No doubt at all !!!!!

GO STORM !!!!!!!