Storm vs Dragons at WIN Stadium 27/07 7:35pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surely the Storm can't slump to five straight defeats. To win, there must be changes to the team otherwise it will be very hard to gain any form before the finals. But knowing Bellyache, the same or a very similar line-up will run out against the Dragons so I'm not ever going to bother listing a team of what I think will be named.
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Billy SLATER
2. Sisa WAQA
3. Will CHAMBERS
4. Dane NEILSEN
5. Justin O'NEILL
6. Gareth WIDDOP
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. Jason RYLES
11. Sika MANU
12. Ryan HOFFMAN
13. Ryan HINCHCLIFFE

14. Rory KOSTJASYN
15. Bryan NORRIE
16. Richie FA'AOSO
17. Anthony QUINN

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they are all fine...just playing separete games instead together....train together play together
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Replace Kostjasyn with Proctor and Lowrie instead of Quinn and that is a good team

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bellamy says that Billy will not be back for this game :shock2: I read it on the NRL site this morning.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sorta hoping Billy stays away for a little bit longer because we gotta find a way to score without him.
60+% possession and we were still outscored byt the team running last. Not good enough.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love playing the Dragons because, for the most part, their fans are easy to wind up cos they've been pissing and moaning for 14 years about blowing the premiership and continue to blame everybody but themselves for the loss.

Having said that I will not tolerate losing to St. Merge! I remember the last time, however, we endured a form slump like this and our turning point was against the Dragons with a 60 point flogging. I reckon they are the team to play us back in to form...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we have pretty much created our own new history by losing so many games in a row...the boys can create more histoy friday by either losing a 5th straight game or winning at win stadium which ive read somwhere they havent won there b4 which one will it be???

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I know what one I am hoping for, sallymay

[ Post made via Android ] Image
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If we keep carrying players like Rory, Hinchy Neilson and Bromwich when they are so out of form then we won't win. Basically those players need to step up and i dont think they can...its up to Cronk (who doesn't handle the pressure so well ) and Smith...lets hope for a win guys I can't see us losing 5 in a row but i said they same thing last week
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our CHAMPION TEAM is going to win at win stadium..FOR SURE..
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We've won 4 of 7 times at WIN and drew another.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:If we keep carrying players like Rory, Hinchy Neilson and Bromwich when they are so out of form then we won't win. Basically those players need to step up and i dont think they can...its up to Cronk (who doesn't handle the pressure so well ) and Smith...lets hope for a win guys I can't see us losing 5 in a row but i said they same thing last week
If I had my way I would try and add some fresh players into the line-up and drop the underperforming baggage for a week or two.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:we have pretty much created our own new history by losing so many games in a row
Our greatest losing streak came in 2002 when we lost 6 straight.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just finished reading today's Telegraph NRL talk back. They say Smith will be citied and suspened for a week for some ankle thing. Can anyone tell me what he did?