Storm vs Dragons at WIN Stadium 27/07 7:35pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:( Saddened by yet another loss,but I've been here a long time & I ain't giving up yet ;)
That's probably a bit of foreign land for us (the slump) but we're pretty much sure what we need to do ... Craig Bellamy
Most pragmatic thing he's ever said :lol:
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not happy with the losses but only have one thing to say to all the armchair experts FOLLOW Parra or one of the other teams and see how you feel.

I have faith we can turn things around and if we don’t I have seen more wins than any other team in the last five years and for that I am happy and proud.

GO STORM.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storm boy ! wrote:yes agree, if oneils back he should slot straight back in for quinn, and bellamy should give fonua ago back at home next week against the panthers. Would much prefer fonua over Waqa.

Talking of the game, at the start when they were in the change rooms warming up I noticed a storm player that had very blonde hair a reserve player that didn't play, anyone have a clue who it was?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
It was Mahe (he's dyed his hair) & he must have been 18th man. noticed the hair first & realised it was him as I had seen him (and his yellow hair!) in the highlights of last weeks nsw game during the week.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've obviously played fullback most of the year, but the body is getting very tired," Morris said.

"... There's a lot more running (at fullback) than there is on the wing.

"We have a joke about it that it's two people's work the amount of running you do.

"You should get paid two peoples wages to play fullback these days.
Interesting comments from Morris when you consider what happened with Gareth at FB & with Slater one game game after 6 weeks.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've missed the last couple of matches, but last night was probably the most embarrassing game I've seen.
Not because of the result, but the lack of interest shown by most of the boys.

Aside from Cronk, Hoffy, Smith & Bill who turn up every week, no-one was showing any urgency or real enthusiasm to be out there. Especially after Morris scored his second runaway.
Nobody was backing up in the ruck - Cam was tearing them up most of the second half, but there was no-one running off him!

Rory Kostjasyn has to go, as does Sisa Waqa. Quinny is playing on old legs nowadays, if he's going to be in the team play him off the bench as a utility.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

at the start of the year our starts were quick and amazing we got out of the blocks and then finished crap looks like bellamy has tried to change our endings and in the process f**ked out starts up

But really you just just take out one team member and put in another and expect it to be fine we still didnt have a 5/8 and only had an 90% fullback with a 90% halfback (now in a moonboot) hopefully we can start getting our team back on the paddock

So lets try again sat Mr Bellamy can we plaease have 1 gareth at 5/8 Billy at fullback cam at Hooker and cooper at halfback then after that i dont give a flying **** whose in the team i just want to see if and how bad we play if those boys are together cause then if we lose we really have to worry

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
toe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bushman, I've followed the storm and been a member since our inception, so please don't go telling me who to support... We are all entitled to our opinions, be them positive or negative... Just because I'm being critical doesn't mean I don't love/support the storm. I'm just being honest, realistic and maybe overly critical of our recent performances which to me lack the one thing I've never encountered supporting the storm, which is a visible lack of hunger and effort.

Rant over:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know I`m probably going to get shot down but seriously guys some of you need to have a think about what you are writing with some of your comments. I`ve been disappointed by the last few weeks too but when it`s difficult is when the fans are supposed to show how strong their support is and some of the comments being made are really soft. Alright we`ve lost a few games but , as one of you said in a previous entry, compared to any other team in the comp we`ve been able to see a hell of a lot more winning games than losing and if we could all stick by our team in 2010 then this is nothing.
There could be any number of reasons why we aren`t playing well at the moment and I`m sure that CB and his staff ( as well as the players)are working hard to try and correct them. I`ve been wondering recently if Craig has been doing what he did a few years ago and putting the guys through a mini pre-season which is why they`ve been a bit flat but they`ve also had all of the injuries and disruption to contend with. All I do know for sure is that( even though the last few weeks have been frustrating) we have a group of fantastic players who have played their hearts out for us over the last few years together with one of ( if not the) most innovative coaches to have controlled a team in the last generation and this is when they need their supporters to stick with them, not bag them out
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

toe wrote:I'm just being honest, realistic and maybe overly critical of our recent performances which to me lack the one thing I've never encountered supporting the storm, which is a visible lack of hunger and effort.
Did you miss the Muppet years?
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Hey people, it's all well to support our team when winning, but when the team is down a bit it is time to really show our support, GO STORM!!
Brian
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
toe wrote:I'm just being honest, realistic and maybe overly critical of our recent performances which to me lack the one thing I've never encountered supporting the storm, which is a visible lack of hunger and effort.
I Wish i would have missed the Muppet years :-X
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brian wrote:
Surandy wrote:
I Wish i would have missed the Muppet years :-X
Why? There were some hilights from the Muppet years!

Let's see.......umm......ahh.....the try Robbie Kearns scored his first game back from injury after losing the captaincy to Rodney Howe!

Okay, one hilight that I can recall.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez i still shudder every time i hear/read/think about the "M" word.....
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: Why? There were some hilights from the Muppet years!

Let's see.......umm......ahh.....the try Robbie Kearns scored his first game back from injury after losing the captaincy to Rodney Howe!

Okay, one hilight that I can recall.
The 23 minutes Robbie Ross played uninjured?
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
LOL!!! :)