Announcement by the Club on Monday 9th of July

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed MS. It's like the heritage jersey last year. There was so much demand for it that the club decided to take orders for it and have done the same with it and the trial jersey this year. As if the club are going to turn down an opportunity to make more revenue off merch sales by doing an extended run. Hell even Manly did it for that ANZAC jersey of theirs even though it was ugly as shit!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

one-eyed wrote:Couldn't agree more Sally, if it's not purple it's not STORM !!!!!
How do you feel about the navy blue jersey, then?

The thing is, I know I shouldn't like the Batman jersey. I'm not really a fan of clubs selling off their image for commercial reasons like this - but I can see the positives. In our case, I like it because: it's the Storm, it's Batman (I'm a big fan), the jersey looks cool, it will hopefully bring a few extra people through the gates on Saturday night and it's bringing some extra money into the club during a time when getting sponsors for sport is becoming harder and harder. We're not the first to do this and we won't be the last.

I'm really looking forward to getting my TDKR jersey in the mail. I've been wearing my heritage jersey pretty much every game this year but I might just have to add this new one to the rotation beyond this week. I guess the next question is - should I wear it when I see the movie next week?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I was trying to work out the connection between Slater and a Batman promotion, then it finally dawned on me, it's the superheroes them.

Super Bill!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im starting to like it....i just dont get it
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Look at this! This is an utter embarrassment!

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/site/_ ... dimage.jpg

The team will look like 13 unintelligible blue blobs running around the field! First the dumb grey 'battle jersey', now this monstrosity!

Have some respect for the jersey Storm play in every week MSRLC! :-/

JF
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Holey Crappe all the Bigguns have gone :lost:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For those who ordered the first allocation they were apparently being sent out yesterday so should be received today.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Got mine today. Looks great in person.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, got mine this morning as well. Gotta love express post.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

On a semi-related note - sometimes I wish they'd just screen print the club logo on stuff. The embroidery of the club logo on gear made in Australia (like this one) always looks like garbage.

Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote:
absentee wrote:I bought one of the jerseys. Because I'm weak.

lol ;D
I bought one because I like them !!!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only available through kooga store now. As much as i would like one I reckon I might save my pennies and get the trial jersey which I've been keen on for a while and now that its cheaper it might be the better option.

[ Post made via Android ] Image