Rd 18 vs Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How do people think we will line up for the next one?

I'm thinking we may go:

1.Slater
2.Duffie
3.Nielsen
4.O'Neill
5.Quinn
6.Widdop
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith (c) (may drop to the bench for Hinchy)
10.Ryles
11.Manu
12.Hoffman
13.Lowrie
14.Hinchcliffe (May start for Cam)
15.Norrie
16.Vave
17.Proctor

18.K.Bromwich
19.Blair
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bellyache really needs to fire a rocket up Duffie over the week off and get him to work on his defence. He just fell off Barba like a dead fly which led to the 110m try (and possibly try of the season) last week. I don't think he should be dropped but a stern word from the coach is what he needs. Thought Quinny was great last week despite all the knockers of him playing on the wing. He scored a great try which was the only highlight for a really poor day for the Storm overall (he's the best option we have on the wing for the rest of the season with Chambers likely to not play again this year). Don't know about Slater being fit for the Raiders but I personally don't want him to play Origin - is it worth causing more damage to his knee in what will be a brutal game? Proctor hasn't been the same since coming back from injury and Norrie (apart from his try he scored against Manly) really hasn't done anything else this year and is past his use by date.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree re Matt Duffie he has been a bit lazy for the last couple of games,the whole team did seam a bit off playing the dogs BUT the doggies played exeptionally well and gave them a bit of a reality shock. Hard to say what will happen when we play the raiders,I would not risk playing Billy especially if he plays SOO ( which I am dead set against ) if he is not 100% then he should not play.Resting Cam for that game too is on the cards,but we shouldn't take the game too lightly,the doggies have a bye as well this week then play the Tigers,and if they play like they did against us, then they will thrash them,so from here on in we have to be on top of our game,I know it will ease up once fkn Origin is out of the way,and a couple of more good wins and I will breathe a bit easier,but at the moment we seem to be struggling to keep up the pace.

GO STORM
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thought Jaiman Lowe was pretty harshly dropped. He was playing quite well off the bench and could easily take Norrie or Vave's spot.

Confident that Duffie and Proctor will improve. Manu and Lowrie too were poor last week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not worried about Proctor, the more he plays the better he usually goes
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

C'mon folks.....Storm aren't going to win every week.

Some players will have a dip in form at various times in the season...overall every player that has been mentioend so far has played some magnificent footy.

I am confident that the players form line to date will show through in performances in the 2nd half of the season.

GO STORM !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:C'mon folks.....Storm aren't going to win every week.

Some players will have a dip in form at various times in the season...overall every player that has been mentioend so far has played some magnificent footy.

I am confident that the players form line to date will show through in performances in the 2nd half of the season.

GO STORM !
This

Even the premiers have lost to a handful of spastics :p

[ Post made via Android ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With Richie Fa'aoso signing with the club in a mid year transfer, this is how the team should look now:

1. Slater (if he doesn't play Origin, I reckon he will play in the Raiders game)
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. O'Neill
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. J. Bromwich
9. Smith (C)
10. Ryles
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Fa'aoso
16. Vave
17. Proctor
staticash
Squall
Squall

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder if he will slot straight in or spend a week or two learning our systems as finchy did, does have the benefit of the bye week to get himself up to speed i suppose
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy I would be happy with your suggested line up.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Assuming Anthony Quinn plays v the Raiders he will be playing his 200th NRL game. Congratulations Quinny.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

That is a strong side. Add in chambers and we'll be very hard to beat I reckon

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Speaking of Chambers, he was at training this morning. He run laps and then kicked at goals with some younger people. He did not join in any drills, but at least he was there and was having fun. Good sign.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy train?

[ Post made via Android ] Image