Rd 18 vs Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

This I what Brett kimmorely said on fox sports- ''I think people are starting to work out how to play against Melbourne Storm. You can take them on physically these days, and Canberra’s big forward pack just outmuscled them with plenty of go-forward and a lot of metres made. That allowed the Raiders to expose Melbourne’s edge defence and get some tries.'' And I'm not to sure about you guys but I kinda agree with the bloke, we do seem to struggle against the teams with big packs like bulldogs, sharks ect. Them teams have aggressive and mongrel players like gallon, jeremy smith and kasiano and Pritchard which we don't really have .

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

We've played and won against teams with big packs. Teams in the past had worked us out and then Bellamy adjusted our game plan to counteract that. Unfortunately against the Raiders with Smith and Slater out, our 5/8th playing fullback and the forwards failing to fire the plan fell apart.

We will be back on fire again, I have no doubt about it.
brewer
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:We've played and won against teams with big packs. Teams in the past had worked us out and then Bellamy adjusted our game plan to counteract that. Unfortunately against the Raiders with Smith and Slater out, our 5/8th playing fullback and the forwards failing to fire the plan fell apart.

We will be back on fire again, I have no doubt about it.

exactly, we held the raiders to zero last year, at canberra, we were first to do it in their history

we just had an off game, they had the best game fo their season, unfortunately both happened on the same night.
brewer
Squall
Squall

The Mauritian wrote:People who are calling for norrie to be dropped obviously don't know much about defence. he is about 93% effective this season. One of the top in the league. We need these players on the field. I feel for quinny he had a bad game but so did everybody else. We me never usually lose milestone games and certainly not being thrashed. Our line speed was dismal and we usually lose when it is. Gave them eternity with the ball to make decisions. I say let these guys redeem themselves next week, and if they fail demote a couple back to nsw cup

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

I am very glad bellamy is the coach, and not some of these forum selectors
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And now to rub it in, the Titans are now handing them their arses on a plate!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Talking about hopeless, you're a bloody shocking troll!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fact is that canberra got them themselves up to play Storm and now they will be cactus for the rest of the season.they aren`t and never have been a consistent team.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

nexttime wrote:just goes to show how hopeless we are at the moment, if Canberra can put 40 points on us IN MELBOURNE, and then get 40 points put on them IN CANBERRA.
0/10. Better luck nexttime.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

EVERY team steps up a noche or 4 when they play us,no matter how they have been playing all season,they scrutinise and plan and then come out all guns blazing because they want to beat the competition leaders,and that is what the boys face every time they step on the field,and usually they handle it,but right now it is so hard for them with the injuries that have depleted the side at the moment,but they will come back ,because the other sides don't have the consistancy we do,The Doggies at the moment are flying high ,they have no injuries to speak of AND they are buying a premiership as the season progresses,but the wheel will fall off,it will only take a couple of their top players to cop an injury and they will slow down a bit,and by that time our boys will be back,and we will retain our rightful place at the top where we belong.
Have a look at Canberra,they came to Melbourne and flogged us,but a week later..nothing they were crap,as they have been all season,so when these sides show a bit of form against ONE team....it just is not enough,if they had shown that form all season they would have been on top,same for the Cowboys and the Tigers who beat a very understrength Storm side,yes I am disappointed,but not for a minute do I think we are gone !!!!!!!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:The Doggies at the moment are flying high ,they have no injuries to speak of AND they are buying a premiership as the season progresses,but the wheel will fall off,it will only take a couple of their top players to cop an injury and they will slow down a bit,and by that time our boys will be back,and we will retain our rightful place at the top where we belong.
How many mid season transfers did they end up recruiting???
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

2 Inu and Perrett,and they were after Michael Jenning and Kieren Foran before he re-signed with the Eagles,one has to wonder where all this money is coming from,they will have to off load a few players at the end of this season to get under the cap???? but Des Hasler has beeen shopping all season,but now that the june 30 deadline is gone he will have to get the best out of what he has got now,and they are doing well but me thinks some shady deals have been done here.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They also picked up Drury Low from Canberra but obviously with two Kiwi test reps being picked up in back line he is unlikely to get many matches.