ANZAC day crowd ?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Any ideas on the todays crowd people ?
Will i still be able to get general admission at the ground before the game?

25,000 i my guess. Go the Mighty Storm !!!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if you're worried about getting in, probably best to pre-purchase your ticket
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I plan on getting there by 530 so my GA membership is honored!

I reckon it'll be at least 23K.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:I plan on getting there by 530 so my GA membership is honored!
So nice to see that the Storm admin value their members so much that they are happy to let non-members in potentially at the expense of fully ticketed GA members.

If GA sells out, then let the non-members fork out more to get in, why should members have to pay extra on top of their existing membership?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why do ya think I'm gettin there early! ;p

But I agree its pretty shitful!

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't the gates open today at 4:15 ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
roberttuz

They can't turn you away if you have a membership card!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

roberttuz wrote:

They can't turn you away if you have a membership card!
When your GA Membership card say "Subject to Capacity", put 2 and 2 together = Get There Early.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote:So nice to see that the Storm admin value their members so much that they are happy to let non-members in potentially at the expense of fully ticketed GA members.

If GA sells out, then let the non-members fork out more to get in, why should members have to pay extra on top of their existing membership?
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the email earlier in the week. Members really mean nothing to the club. I'm sure we mean something to the team, but the way we are treated it makes me wonder. They know News Ltd will pour money into the club, so ultimately members mean very little. If we were independently owned, our dollars we put in as members would be appreciated, and we'd have a lot more of a say in my opinion.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jamie; if News sell the club we have to rely on the funding of someone else. So you have a point; if they don't care (which I'm sure is not the case) they'd have to rectify that post-haste.

Reckon I might leave Thornbury at 3 and PT it in. No way at hell I'm taking my car within pissing distance of Richmond today! I'd rather be bored shitless during the intermission than miss out on a seat.

roberttuz

as if the game is going to be sold out in this weather!! I'll be turning up 5 minutes before the game starts and I will be getting a seat otherwise there will be hell to pay!!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This is the bit about the Storm I do not get. The ground holds about 30,000. The club has say 12,000 members. To me that means there is only 18,000 seats left today. Of those 18,000 seats, just say 8,000 are GA seats, but the Storm have 5,000 GA members, so there should be only 3,000 GA up for sale. I know a GA membership does not give you a reserve seat or even a good viewing seat and it is on a first in basis. But a GA membership should guarantee the members a seat a every home game. They should not be able to sell seats that members have in theroy already purchased.

At the MCG the do not sell tickets that are for seats that members might take. There is always seats for members of clubs with GA membership.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm afraid this murky weather will rob the crowd of about 5K. Looking at a 20-22k crowd tonight
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

MELBOURNE STORM always have an allocation reserved for their members.Members are ALWAYS assured of getting into the game.I was told that by the club and I have NEVER missed out.I am a Country member.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

MAKE SOME NOISE tonight STORM fans.It is OUR home ground so OUT CHEER the worrior supporters and SUPPORT our CHAMPION TEAM..
:swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: