Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors @ AAMI Park 25/4 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anzac clash on Wednesday, time for some revenge. Assuming Lowrie is back, the team that I think we should play..

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Chambers
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Garbutt
16. Ryles
17. Vave
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wednesday - Cold - Wet - Stormy 8)

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The only cert' for the night is - There will be no prisoners taken :twisted:
Warriors cover for Johnson and Vatuvei
Storm NRL pack up to Warriors: Proctor

Time for the Micheal Moore trophy to come home.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:? And in an odd twist - If you take the ladder positions of the 4 teams playng on Anzac Day.
You get The Spine - 1 - 6 - 7 - 9
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the OP has nailed 16 of the 17 spots. I'm keen to see Garbutt in action as haven't seen a lot of him but I think Bellamy will persist with Quinny off the bench to allow for a player with some more mobility who can slot in to the outside backs or back row.

Quinn is VERY unlucky to be missing out on a starting spot but its just the nature of the roster we have. I know people were primed to see O'neill line up in the centres closer to the action but (and I've been made to eat my words in a big way here) Will Chambers has been phenomenal since he came back and I can't see either him of Nielsen being moved out. The three-quarters are pretty much set in stone (barring injury) for the rest of the season.

Cannot wait for Wednesday. Backing up to play the Warriors after the war of attrition against the Bullfilth is going to test us in a bigger way than the Dogs match (especially with the Big 3 and Jesse on a 5 day turn around plus Hinchy and Hoff on only 3 days).

I know I'm not normally a fan of Ryles starting but I reckon he packs down in the run on side and they direct him and Norrie to run at Shaun Johnson who is going to be suspect after coming off second best against Uate on Friday... depending on where on the field SJ defends of course.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just hope Coops and Cam target Vatuvei all night with towering high balls. He is bound to embarrass himself if they do this.

Would have thought Quinny to start on the wing, he did a terrific job against the Bulldogs making metres and made a terrific hit were the Bulldogs player got taken off the ground all shaken up (would love to see him do that again). I like the idea with three huge props off the bench though, we need as much size out there as possible.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

STORM will be up for this game against the worriors. 8 from 8 is my prediction.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

LEST WE FORGET...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm tipping Hinchy to get a rest. Kostjasyn will probably get the utility spot.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

If there's one game I would like to win this year, its this one.

But I'm never confident against our bogie team!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote: But I'm never confident against our bogie team!
Why do people say the Warriors are our bogie team? Big deal, they beat us twice at AAMI last year (and they fluked it to the GF, which is why the NRL scrapped the McIntyre System), but I think everyone has forgotten that we beat them last year at Mt. Smart (one of the toughest road trips in the NRL). We have a very even record against them (29 games, 14 wins, 13 losses, 2 draws) - the Storm are ahead by a win.

The Storm has a much bigger bench this year and if we keep targeting the Beast with high kicks, well that will be a huge advantage for us. The problem we had against the Warriors in certain games since around 2006 was their ex-coach Ivan Cleary - he knew how to make his team dominate the Storm's defence.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattstormy wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: But I'm never confident against our bogie team!
Why do people say the Warriors are our bogie team? Big deal, they beat us twice at AAMI last year (and they fluked it to the GF, which is why the NRL scrapped the McIntyre System), but I think everyone has forgotten that we beat them last year at Mt. Smart (one of the toughest road trips in the NRL). We have a very even record against them (29 games, 14 wins, 13 losses, 2 draws) - the Storm are ahead by a win.

The Storm has a much bigger bench this year and if we keep targeting the Beast with high kicks, well that will be a huge advantage for us. The problem we had against the Warriors in certain games since around 2006 was their ex-coach Ivan Cleary - he knew how to make his team dominate the Storm's defence.
Not to burst your bubble but Ivan Cleary wasnt on the field last year
The players know how to play the storm,the ex coach taught them
Their new coach isnt a complete moron
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've never understood either why the Warriors have repeatedly been called our bogey team (mostly from the media) given out of the 29 times we've played them we have a winning record over them 14-13 with 2 draws. Wouldn't that make us their bogey team? I personally don't think either team is the bogey side over the other but that's just me.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Offical team:

1.slater
2. Duffie
3. Neilson
4. Chambers
5. Oneil
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8.Bromwich
9.smith
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12.Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchy
15. kostjayson
16. vave
17. Ryles

Bellamy has gone with kostjayson again, hmm.. I was looking forward to seeing garbutt get ago.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

oh and 18th man is quinn.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image