SOLD

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour on Twitter today from the MOLE has a Club being Sold Next week
The Mole is never wrong

Could this be the Storm
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Or the Titans?
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Mole tipped Cronk was going to the Gold Coast. Whether he was right or wrong with that prediction initially, it turned out to be incorrect. So to say the mole is never wrong is wrong in itself.
But I hope in this case the mole is spot on. I've dreamt that one day we'd be free of the monopoly and questionable practises of News Ltd.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well according to alot of ppl The Mole was right up until Tuesday about Cooper when coops changed his mind

Either way i hope storm are and gerry ryan buys us like he has wanted to since 2010

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's not us

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JAMIE wrote:The Mole tipped Cronk was going to the Gold Coast. Whether he was right or wrong with that prediction initially, it turned out to be incorrect. So to say the mole is never wrong is wrong in itself.
But I hope in this case the mole is spot on. I've dreamt that one day we'd be free of the monopoly and questionable practises of News Ltd.
Not to mention that when the mole listed the clubs in contention for Cronk signature, he listed something like 6 or 7 teams. Talk about hedging your bets! Hahaha

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Besides us and the Titans, who else is realistically in line for private ownership...?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe the mole got a wild hair up his ass after Tinkler tried to 'hand back' the Jets licence :twisted:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol the Mole is never wrong. Whileim not saying he wrong here anyone who's read RLW for any decent period of time will know the mole is wrong far many more times than he is right. Go back a week or 2 ago on his twitter and you'll clearly see he linked Coops to about 6 clubs and said he was NO chance to sign with us. That's just one of many many examples he's been very wrong.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry just repeated what Freshy said about Coops signing with nearly every club but us after I read it. The bloke is just an average scoop who gets about 3 out of 10 right. Even Buzz has a betterstrike rate.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So if you haven't read the actual column from RLW it goes like this verbatim-

STORM SALE- Look for the 'for sale' sign to go up on the Melbourne Storm in coming months. News Limited boss Kim Williams is believed to be keen to cut the Storm-a marvelous football club but a financial liability- from the media empire's book. Storm fans needn't panic, though- the club's future, as with all NRL franchises, is guaranteed for the next four years under the terms of the ARL Commission. And there is already a likely buyer in millionaire businessman and former board member, Jayco Caravans boss Gerry Ryan.

Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Any time news limited stops owning something is a time to rejoice

Those thieves need to die off soon
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LESStar58 wrote:So if you haven't read the actual column from RLW it goes like this verbatim-

STORM SALE- Look for the 'for sale' sign to go up on the Melbourne Storm in coming months. News Limited boss Kim Williams is believed to be keen to cut the Storm-a marvelous football club but a financial liability- from the media empire's book. Storm fans needn't panic, though- the club's future, as with all NRL franchises, is guaranteed for the next four years under the terms of the ARL Commission. And there is already a likely buyer in millionaire businessman and former board member, Jayco Caravans boss Gerry Ryan.

This is huge news if true...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't see it as a bad thing but the situation with Tinkler owning the two Newcastle clubs is a reason to be cautious. If Ryan (or Ryan and Maher- who are both loaded) buys in he can pull out at any time.

The one thing that works to our advantage is that as long as our football department and playing roster stays strong, this will reflect in the front office.

I imagine the negotiations will be prolonged. Ryan may tip his money in but he'll sure as hell want a say on who is on the board and who works in the front office.

JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LESStar58 wrote:I imagine the negotiations will be prolonged. Ryan may tip his money in but he'll sure as hell want a say on who is on the board and who works in the front office.

We can only hope all news ltd puppets are shown the door. After the way they stiched him along with his fellow 3 former independent board members up post 22/4/2010. Never ever forget what Gerry Ryan, Peter Maher, Rob Moodie and Petra Fawcett had thrown at them by these news ltd crooks.