SOLD

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

News selling the club would mean having none of their members of the board which means the end of Watt and Stanton (the board member in charge of the club's finances as of 22/4/10).

My only concern is a situation similar to what Tinkler has done at the N'caslte Jets with his financial backing.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i know what you mean
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who's to say Tinkler won't pull out of funding the Knights? Given that they are not meeting expectations I reckon its only a matter of time before he starts really butting heads with the coach and the board.

JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well said, the end of Watt and Stanton but also no Maccourt overseeing everything either. Remember, he's the one that pulls the CEO's strings.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

there would need to be a unconditional contract to guarantee the funding and ownership for x amount of years after a sale.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Who's to say Tinkler won't pull out of funding the Knights? Given that they are not meeting expectations I reckon its only a matter of time before he starts really butting heads with the coach and the board.

who wouldn`t like to headbutt bennett. :lol: