Round 7 - Storm vs Bulldogs @ AAMI Park 14/04 5:30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know it's a day after the Cowboys game, but due to the 6 day turnaround, what are everyone's predictions for Round 7 after the massive win yesterday?

Here is what I think the line-up will be:
1. Billy
2. Duff
3. Danger
4. Chambers
5. Quinny (I reckon Bellyache will bring him back after his suspension, O'Neill didn't look 100% fit against the Cowboys and struggled to make an impact)
6. Gaz
7. Coops
8. Jesse (needs to lift, has dropped his bundle a bit compared to last year)
9. Cam (C)
10. Norrie
11. KP
12. Hoffy
13. Toddy

14. Hinchy
15. Rory
16. Vave
17. Ryles (for his age, his form just keeps getting better every week and has proved everyone wrong this year)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's the only change that I can see happening besides possibly Hoffy out if not fit. If Hoofy is out, I hope Kenny gets a go.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Isnt the VB test match the next weekend? So doesnt that mean slater,smith,cronk miss this game?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

storm boy ! wrote:Isnt the VB test match the next weekend? So doesnt that mean slater,smith,cronk miss this game?
I wish, however wrong on all accounts.
The test match is the week after as a stand alone match, and even in years gone by players have backed up for club games.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Test is on a stand alone Friday? Didn't think that was happening til next yeat? In any case, I think its a top idea!

So Storm vs Warriors, by that logic, will be the first game of round 8 on WEDNESAY night (given the ANZAC game is committed to the ACTUAL day)? Leaving Storm's international reps with a 5 day turn around.

We'll stand to lose the big 3 plus Duffie and I reckon the Kiwi selectors will have a hard time ignoring Kevin Proctor this time around. Bromwich would be a smokey for a Kiwi spot as well I think...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Same team as last week with Anthony Quinn named on an extended bench. Would prefer if Bellamy plays a bigger boy than Rory come Saturday though to match the Dogs, Canterbury would have to have one of the biggest packs going around. Their front row rotation of Tolman, Kasiano, Graham is up there with the best in the competition.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote:Same team as last week with Anthony Quinn named on an extended bench. Would prefer if Bellamy plays a bigger boy than Rory come Saturday though to match the Dogs, Canterbury would have to have one of the biggest packs going around. Their front row rotation of Tolman, Kasiano, Graham is up there with the best in the competition.
Would have been Tohu if he wasn't injured. Maybe this week Bellyache will surprise us with Kenny Bromwich. He wouldn't be named to take the pressure off him.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Isnt tohu back this week or next week? If so, he may get a go against the warriors next week. Seeing how the warriors have the biggest pack going around were gunna need to use rory's spot with a bigger player maybe tohu if fit or if not kenny. I would love to see big T on the bench with vave and ryles !

LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Hunn has Vave, Rory, Ryles and Quinn on the bench? That cannot possibly be right. I'd want as much strength and size as possible to oppose the Doggies!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LESStar58 wrote:The Hunn has Vave, Rory, Ryles and Quinn on the bench? That cannot possibly be right. I'd want as much strength and size as possible to oppose the Doggies!
A strong reserve force tempered with the ability to move & strike quickly is an effective blend.

Worked for Kublai Khan :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

LATE CHANGES:
Lowrie OUT (quad), Quinn IN.
Ryles, hinchy start.
Interchange now is: bromwich, quinn, vave, kostjayson.

tbh we could of really used lowrie's spot with a bigger fowrad then quinn!? What about kenny or garbutt.

Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a defensive effort by the boys tonight. Were under-seige for most of that second half but we managed to hold them out. We were definitely missing a big man on the bench to match their big men though. Ryles, Vave, Hoffman, Widdop, Bromwich were all excellent and Smith did well to play 80 with an illness. Slater came up with some superb try saving tackles. It's funny that the players that most of use were criticizing (Hoffman, Widdop and Bromwich) are playing out of their skins now!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A great effort by the guys tonight. How good was Vave? I really hope we resign him long term and soon. I think he is going to be a really good pickup for us
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Confirmed :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
roberttuz

what does that banner say?