Toowoomba Trial Match

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sooooo I finally found the forum again. What the hell happened on MSSC website?

I'm very excited because I'm going to the Storm v Broncos trial match in Toowoomba on 21st Feb (as long as those buggers @ Toowoomba Clydesdales send my tickets to me in time :x ) Is anyone else from here going?
cheriebee
Squall
Squall

not going to Toowoomba........ :(
but definetly going to Wagga to watch the boys smash the Raiders :twisted:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm not going to any of the practice matches, I'm saving my money for the Grand Prix. I worked out the other week that it's been 17 years since my first and only live Grand Prix and I reckon it's time to do it again.

So if you see someone wandering around on the Sunday at Albert Park wearing a 2003 home Storm jersey it'll most likely be me.

Surandy
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

17 years? When was the first one in Adelaide - '87? That was the last one I went to and all I remember is the sunburn - ouch :oops:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote:17 years? When was the first one in Adelaide - '87? That was the last one I went to and all I remember is the sunburn - ouch :oops:
Hey, that was the Grand Prix I was at, 1987, damn it was a hot day, mid 30's I think from memory and no clouds at all. I think the first GP in Adelaide was a year or two before that. The atmosphere in the heart of Adelaide was awesome, but I was limited by time and got there about 1pm and left pretty much straight after the race finished.

This time around I plan on grabbing a seat in one of the stands, probably the Senna Stand. I have an RDO on the Friday so I'll go that day plus Saturday and Sunday.

With regards to the MSSC forum, well as it says, it's shut down due to the threat of legal action. Originally it stated that it was shut down due to the ARL. The message was changed after Brian got a phone call from the ARL after someone sent them an email. :oops:

Surandy
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So much for free speech and all that :? Was it trade mark/copyright infringement or slander or what? Has it been to court yet? Sorry for all the questions - I'm just stunned and find it all very bizarre!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

My belief is that it was slander and I am extremely doubtful that it will go to court.

As for what caused it there has been some speculation that the offending statement(s) were made around the time the cowbell was being debated. I have no idea of the truth of the matter as no-one that knows the truth is speaking up to set the story straight.

Surandy
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

jellyhead wrote: Is anyone else from here going?
I'll be there!!
*Champagne football*
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be there cheering them on at Toowoomba and Noosa...

GO STORM! :wink:
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hmmmmm Cowbell incident, I cant recall what happened. :?
I quite liked hearing the cowbell at the ground.
It wasnt about the cowbell was it?
It was just a clanking of a bell.
Who had that bell again? :?:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

simo wrote:Hmmmmm Cowbell incident, I cant recall what happened. :?
I quite liked hearing the cowbell at the ground.
It wasnt about the cowbell was it?
It was just a clanking of a bell.
Who had that bell again? :?:
Hmm, how did it go again, let's see. Someone at the ground complained, loudly I believe, about the cowbell. Then there was some discussion about it on the mssc forum and someone (storm girl or storm dani? something like that) referred to the complaint as being "stupid". The person concerned read it and took it as though they were being called "stupid" and rang the mssc to complain. There was a bit of discussion to and fro about the "stupidity" or not of the cowbell, Dani or whoever?) posted a detailed explanation of what exactly she meant by the "stupid" comment and that it was not intended as an insult to the person that complained.

Hmm, I think that's right. But it is only my recollection of events surrounding the Cowbell incident. I was never directly involved in any of the above and the only posting I recall making directly on that topic on the forum was to say that I hear the cowbell in the Western Terrace and don't have any problems with it.

Surandy

NB: The above is only a recollection of the said events based upon my memory, this may or may not be a true account of what actually happened or even the true reason that led to the closure of the mssc forum. If anyone is offended by anything in this posting would they please get a life! :wink:
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The boards were not closed due to any 'cowbell incident', real or imagined.
*Champagne football*
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fampa wrote:The boards were not closed due to any 'cowbell incident', real or imagined.
So why were they closed?
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Am not able to make it to the Toowoomba trial game :( I'd like to make it to the Broncos v Storm game during the season however I need to find a place to stay... and I'll be bringing my puppy as I'll be headed up north for a week and over Easter after that weekend.

A little off topic tho still on the topic of trial games, can someone please confirm the date of the Wagga game?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Saturday 28th February 2004, Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders - Wagga Wagga, NSW