Toowoomba Trial Match

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Apparently the score was Storm 28 defeating Tweed Heads 14

Hill played well and Howe played for about 15 minutes.

(With thanks to Stormwarning from the League Unlimited Forum) :)

They are all the details he knew.
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry troops, I was in Ballina last night for one of the other trials, otherwise I would have sent results down.
*Champagne football*
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Hailstorm wrote:Apparently the score was Storm 28 defeating Tweed Heads 14

Hill played well and Howe played for about 15 minutes.

(With thanks to Stormwarning from the League Unlimited Forum) :)

They are all the details he knew.
My Souces say Hill (at 5/8) blitzed for the 15minutes he was out there in defences and attack.

And Howe Played well For 2 15minute stints.

Apart from that I'm in the dark.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:Apart from that I'm in the dark.
The dark huh? Is there a sudden media blackout in Melbourne. I've heard nothing on the Storm this weekend when I've been listening to the radio or watching TV.
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There was a small write up in the sports breif of the Sunday Sun with the same comments as Mike_The_Undertaker.
Trys to
Ryan Hofffman
Q Laulu?
Cooper Cronk
Kirk Renynoldson
R Shortland??
Dunstin Cooper 4 goals

Hill had set up two tries.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

storm007 wrote:There was a small write up in the sports breif of the Sunday Sun with the same comments as Mike_The_Undertaker.
Trys to
Ryan Hofffman
Q Laulu?
Cooper Cronk
Kirk Renynoldson
R Shortland??
Dunstin Cooper 4 goals

Hill had set up two tries.
Yea OK that was my source but I couldn't mention the herald Sun with out lamenting the fact that the game got about 3 small parras in the in breif section :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Now that you have mentioned the Sunday Sun I lament that the game got about 3 small parras in the "in breif" section.

Nothing about the World Cup Challenge involving Penrith. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: Basteds
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chris Stedman wrote:A FIFTEEN-minute cameo at one of Australia's most idyllic holiday destinations against modest opposition would hardly be described as a defining moment in Scott Hill's comeback but it's a start.

The former Test and NSW Origin utility set up two tries for Melbourne in their 28-14 win over Tweed Heads in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast.

A succession of shoulder injuries curtailed his 2003 season to just eight games. His importance was well illustrated as the Storm made a meek exit without him at the hands of the Bulldogs in the finals after finishing fifth in the minor premiership.

Coach Craig Bellamy will give Hill more game time on Saturday against Brisbane at Toowoomba.

In a further fillip, former Test prop Rodney Howe played 40 minutes at Noosa after missing the majority of last season with a knee injury.

Bellamy expects to have talented backs Billy Slater, Robbie Ross and Steven Bell also available to play the Broncos.
Source: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 14,00.html
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would very much doubt if Bell will make an appearance in any of the preseason games, as he was limping around on crutches on Saturday night. :cry:

I will post a basic rundown of the game with some photos when I get some time after work... :wink:

(and just to confirm, there was no Slater, Ross, and as far as I could tell Orford)