Sika's "rolling pin"

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I just saw on nrl on fox a couple of "rolling pins" from the weekend , one was Adam blair the other Sika . I gotta say Sika was lucky to escape a charge and really needs to get it out of his game . His one of my fav storm players but it is making our team look bad . What did others think of the tackle ?
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I saw that just now too and I'm not impressed. If its an accident then fine but
if its on purpose, and both those examples shown were certainly on purpose, I
think its disgraceful. I don't want any of our players being dirty like that.

I would be interested to know if players in other teams are doing the same thing
or if this was once again targeting only Storm because we're on a good run once
again. Its Warren Smith after all.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah, it didn't look good. Sika is known for pushing the boundaries with some of his tackles and if he keeps doing it, all that is going to happen is the club is going to be blamed for 'inventing' a new funny named illegal tackle.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Ive got no doubt Hailstorm that there would have been alot over the weekend , i find it ironic that they pick a storm play and an ex player.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormfan2010 wrote:Ive got no doubt Hailstorm that there would have been alot over
the weekend , i find it ironic that they pick a storm play and an ex player.
Well that's where I wonder if its just another attack from Warren "Storm Hater" Smith.

I still don't want to see any of our players doing it regardless. But I don't want to see just
our club targeted by someones personal vendetta.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gotta say that I am not impressed - it wasn't an accident and should not happen especially when our team seems to be the most scrutinised for any wrongdoings
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was surprised when mg said that in his last year of footy his club was bringing in a wrestling coach (13 yrs ago).So why do they say that STORM were the first club to bring in wrestling techniques into the nrl.We have perfected it.
the "rolling pin isn`t" a good look so I hope Sika doesn`t do it again.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

these guys are kidding themselves if they think its a new move! my dad tells me they did that back in the day (70's) at school boy level, knees in the legs, standing on hands and twisting as they went to play the ball etc. all to get the opposition to snap and give away a penalty.

i dont believe it should be in the game, but to have MG and matty johns sit there and pretend they never did that stuff and call it a 'dog act' is bullsh1t! MG the king of suspensions and dirty footy trying to stamp stuff out of the game, he has no right to say anything on these topics in my opinion.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just stop doing it and the issue will go away. No need for it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:MG the king of suspensions and dirty footy trying to stamp stuff out of the game, he has no right to say anything on these topics in my opinion.
At least his younger brother didn't get a suspension or do any sort of dirty play in his 11 seasons with the Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

at training on tuesday the westling coach was there and was working with the forwards....i did see sika being used as a show piece for about 10minutes and i kept hearing the guy say you can do it like that then show then the right way....so maybe bellamy wasnt happy either
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree tackle does look good,but lets take it for what it is..another attempt from Warren Smith to drag Melbourne Storm into yet another tackling issue,this happens EVERY time we hit the top of the ladder..Grapple..Crusher,,Chicken Wing..Chin Strap and now the bloody Rolling PIn.
I would love to see just how many times Sika has actually done this,and how many more players over the weekend did it also,cause it seems that his only interest is gunning for Storm players .
What I did notice over the weekend though was Adam Blair, he performed a deffinate "chicken wing" on a raiders player,and..nothing.Now that strikes me as unusual as Adam Blair was the 1st player to be charged with this tackle"when he played for the Melbourne Storm" but now that he plays for the Tigers ..well then he must be allowed to do it???
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

15 weeks,shows malice but as usual because the mergepies do it to
everyone gets away with this disgusting grubby tackle