If Coops announces he is leaving, will he play on Friday??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Coops says he is leaving the club tomorrow, will Bellyache and the rest of the club be dirty on him for announcing he is leaving a day before a big home game against the Knights? Surely they won't be happy with the timing of this announcement if he says he is leaving? Could they say pack your bags and leave like Manly did with Des Hasler at the end of last year. How can he play for another six months at the Storm knowing he might not give a damn anymore and his heart won't be with the club. I know Orford made an announcement in his final year for the club during the season and he dragged it out for a long time but at least he made his decision towards the end of the season (I think it was July 2005), not March and only four games into the season.

I have a feeling Coops won't be playing this Friday if he says he is leaving the day before. May as well start getting ready for Luke Kelly.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Of course he will play ! The club is way to smart 2 let it derail the game or season.
He will want to win the comp before he leaves.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Of course he will play ! The club is way to smart 2 let it derail the game or season.
He will want to win the comp before he leaves.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He will play

Come on, players come and go, we've lost players before and we will lose players in the future.

We have a premiership to try and win THIS season with our current roster
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:If Coops says he is leaving the club tomorrow, will Bellyache and the rest of the club be dirty on him for announcing he is leaving a day before a big home game against the Knights? Surely they won't be happy with the timing of this announcement if he says he is leaving? Could they say pack your bags and leave like Manly did with Des Hasler at the end of last year. How can he play for another six months at the Storm knowing he might not give a damn anymore and his heart won't be with the club. I know Orford made an announcement in his final year for the club during the season and he dragged it out for a long time but at least he made his decision towards the end of the season (I think it was July 2005), not March and only four games into the season.

I have a feeling Coops won't be playing this Friday if he says he is leaving the day before. May as well start getting ready for Luke Kelly.

You are just joking around with these questions aren't you Mattstormy...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm not joking, i'm being serious. If he says he is leaving tomorrow, why would Bellyache want him to play? I just can't see that he can be our halfback for six months knowing he will be leaving and if his form sinks like a stone and the club's premiership chances are shattered due to carrying his baggage, I wouldn't be happy and neither will a lot of other supporters. If this is the case, bring in Luke Kelly IMMEDIATELY. He has been waiting in the wings for three years for an opportunity and this would be the perfect opportunity to play him and cut all ties with Coops as of tomorrow (if he leaves of course). Manly weren't afraid to sack Dessie a year early, so why not Coops if he decides to defect to another club.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

holy shit some people are clueless.

he will be named if belly wants the team to play to win. you don't go to a war to lose do you?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm glad you're a fan and have nothing to do with the running of the club. Of course he'd play, and he'd give 110% for the club until he was no longer employed by them. As does every other professional footballer.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't want to sound like a troll, but this is exactly how I feel about Cooper Cronk at the moment. I don't care if he is money hungry or unloyal to the club, but if he announces he his leaving tomorrow, to play him in the halfback role in front of a potential superstar in Luke Kelly for the rest of the year, where Coops becomes a passenger and he won't have his heart in the club and won't give a damn about a possible premiership would be very saddening indeed.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

The thing is Matt , he WILL want to win . He is going to do everything to win. End of story ...
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He seems to have been giving 100% the first 4 rounds things year. I don't see Coops
not giving 100% just because (IF) he signs elsewhere for NEXT year. He will most
certainly play on Friday and whenever he is available.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I'm still wondering wtf this love-fest with Luke Kelly is. He hasn't shown me anywhere near enough in the lil' game time he has had in 1st Grade. Can't we find someone else... I'm totally serious btw
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

its a business now! people come and go, the storm of all clubs no what its like to lose superstars to other cashed up clubs. but we are a HUGE chance of winning the comp this year and they will do everything they can to win. so cooper plays

if he is leaving the fans dont need to boo him or abuse him this year! the dogs fans did this to idris last year and he lost interest and played poorly, will still need to support him.... until after the GF anyway

isn't it a little early for this kind of thread? he hasn't made his announcement yet......
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

J-Storm wrote:I'm still wondering wtf this love-fest with Luke Kelly is. He hasn't shown me anywhere near enough in the lil' game time he has had in 1st Grade. Can't we find someone else... I'm totally serious btw
same, the only thing I've ever seen him do is a quick short ball to hoffy against tigers so he could run 2m for a try LOL
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:
J-Storm wrote:I'm still wondering wtf this love-fest with Luke Kelly is. He hasn't shown me anywhere near enough in the lil' game time he has had in 1st Grade. Can't we find someone else... I'm totally serious btw
same, the only thing I've ever seen him do is a quick short ball to hoffy against tigers so he could run 2m for a try LOL
he was good in the 20s, going to the line then a cut out ball for a try in the GF they won (1 memory), now he is bigger more mature and by all reports killing it in the QLD cup.