Cooper Cronk media conference

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cooper has requested a media conference tomorrow 10.30 sharp.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's gone, plain and simple. You don't have to be Einstein to work this one out now. He's dragged this on for long enough and I think the fans don't care anymore whether he stays or goes, they just want closure to this saga. Let's just hope this doesn't distract Friday Night's game against the Knights.

This press conference is a very obvious sign that Coops is gone. The only thing he might surprise everyone with is the club he will be going to next year (my tip would be an outsider that hasn't been linked to him yet, such as the Warriors, Penrith or North Queensland).
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, hard to see any outcome other than he's going - you wouldn't call a press conference otherwise, you'd simply announce to everyone that you've re-signed. Very disappointing, especially considering so many 'in the know' claim it's already a done-deal and has been for a little while now. :(
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Big whisper is the Dragons.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There are now reports that he has signed with the Dragons apparent;y he had a meeting with them on Monday!! This is according to Matty Johns,so NRL on Fox should be interesting tonight .http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/spo ... um=twitter
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

If he was staying, the club would announce it immediately.
But if he is going, then Cooper would feel the need to explain and stare down the cameras. I have no doubt he is gone.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Although it's not looking good it still doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% gone IMO. Usually it's the team who signs the player that comes out and does the presser and not the actual player so he might just surprise everyone and announce he's staying. I seen more players have a presser to say they're staying as opposed to leaving so you never know.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree with Ice.
Cooper has requested this through Melbourne Storm. I would have thought that if say the dragons had signed him it would be their press conference. Anyway, time will tell!!!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I tend to agree with Ice & coupy73. The club that have signed the player normally hold the press conference.

Why would he call a press conference to announce his departure one day before an important home game?
Surely he wouldn't do that? Unless he's mega pi$$ed off with the club for slapping that time limit on him...

One thing with this whole saga that has always played on my mind. I don't believe he was one of the players
caught up in the salary cap issue and I certainly recall seeing an interview with him when he announced his
last contract renewal. He indicated he was happy to stay for less to stay in Melbourne. Now he knows others
seem to have held out for way more when he decided to stay for. How much would that play on his mind?
If I were him, whilst happy not to have been involved in the cap issues as much as the others, I'd be pretty
dirty that others weren't prepared to do the same as him to stick together. So I can certainly see why he
might be going all out with this latest contract.

If he does leave one thing is for sure. There goes his little bubble existence that we were told about last week.
He won't have anywhere to hide in Qld or NSW.

Final note... please Cooper, stay!!!!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The email said, Cooper Cronk has called the media conference through the Melbourne Storm. This kind of gets around the Melbourne Storm Media Conference thingy. It's Cronk who has called it.
He's 28, it's his last big contract, he has given wonderful service and if he goes, he goes.
I have learned not to expect anything from anyone in rugby league except disappointment eventually.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LU going nuts. Nearly every other team now think they have a chance.

The RLWMole has 'hot tips' linking Cronk to Roosters, Dragons, Knights, Tigers - I mean seriously. Roosters have Pearce and next year Maloney - but they now want Cronk? Get your hand off it guys.

Dragons seem to be the hot tip and if it is, then its a complete blind side. No one saw that coming. With Hornby and Soward as their halves, they might just be thinking about life after Hornby but I thought he still had a few years left.

I haven't ruled out Cronk staying. People seem to like reading so much into 'whos called what conference when' but it may be the Cronk wants to make a splash and has a flair for the dramatic. It will make for great TV drama. Its almost LeBron-like!
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Would be very sad to see him go, but over the last few years I have always hoped we would keep hold of Luke Kelly as a back up just in case this day ever rolled around and thankfully we did. Kelly might not be the best, but he will do his job solidly and knows the system. I would rather that than spend big money trying to lure Foran or some other target. Just look at the joy the Eels have had with that plan and the Sandow experiment.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm officials said they did not know what Cronk was going to announce, but he had yet to accept their offer of a four-year deal.

This is online in the Herald Sun. You can not tell me that the club is going to let him announce to the world what he is going to do and not tell them first. That is just stuip.

But in other stories it says his days are numbered at Storm because of the bizarre wording of the media comment that he has request the media conference. Why would a player ask for a media conference? If he was staying the club would announce it. If he was going the other club would announce it.

He is the biggest name in the NRL and he is the biggest name in the Melbourne sporting arena.

Also on the Storm have asked for comments about the media conference. Why would you do that if he is going?

I starting to think his ego has got the better of him.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

lol at Cronk being the biggest name in the Melbourne sporting arena. He's not even the biggest name at the Storm.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WHY DO IT 4 GAMES INTO A SEASON. :evil: ..hope he doesn`t go to the south sydney STORM,crappamatta or dragqueens.(or anybody else for that matter.)i think he will find it hard to adjust to having mediocre players around him.