Cooper Cronk media conference

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Speculation over Cronk's future has had little impact on the Storm's start to the season, with Melbourne the only unbeaten side over the opening four rounds.
8)
Which may explain why our friend,(?) the beagle chaser has made a re-appearance :twisted:

Superstar or honest toiler - ONE PLAYER does not make a TEAM.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just heard on Channel nine news. The word is the club has asked Cooper to hold the press conference to anounce his future, he was really not that keen. So maybe it is to say he is going, but he is not sure yet. This way the club can stay signing other players.
evilc
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

As far as I am concerned any player who signs for another club at this time of the season, should as and from the confirmation stood down and NOT PLAY any games for the rest of the season, be it 1st grade or feeder club. Many players these day's are only interested in the money not loyalty to the club or supporters, and before anyone starts saying nothing wrong with that, think back if your old enough. Many players were garbage collectors, because they could work early in the morning, and run the collection rounds which help their training. They wanted to play their choice of teams and not for the money, Melbourne Storm on the whole seems to have a loyal group of players and the ones that leave for "money etc" always seem to fall short of their achievements.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:Just heard on Channel nine news. The word is the club has asked Cooper to hold the press conference to anounce his future, he was really not that keen. So maybe it is to say he is going, but he is not sure yet. This way the club can stay signing other players.
Interesting....Considering the Official Storm press release contradicts Channel 9's story as specifically states that Cooper requested the Club to hold a conference.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

evilc wrote:As far as I am concerned any player who signs for another club at this time of the season, should as and from the confirmation stood down and NOT PLAY any games for the rest of the season, be it 1st grade or feeder club. Many players these day's are only interested in the money not loyalty to the club or supporters, and before anyone starts saying nothing wrong with that, think back if your old enough. Many players were garbage collectors, because they could work early in the morning, and run the collection rounds which help their training. They wanted to play their choice of teams and not for the money, Melbourne Storm on the whole seems to have a loyal group of players and the ones that leave for "money etc" always seem to fall short of their achievements.
i support this plan to segregate a player who is looking out for their financial security and well-being.

having an origin, premiership and international player that takes up ~1/10th of our cap and not even using him is such a great way to treat a 10 year member of the storm player and attract potential singings. This is really money well spent by the storm in that case.

massive facepalm
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I heard if you say 'Crazy Cooper' three times at midnight, he appears. But then he cuts your head off.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just heard the Knights got involved. What a fuss over nothing. I've got it on good authority he's gone already. Its not surprising really. I think we are all expecting it.

Can't really begrudge him as he's been pretty loyal up to this point especially in the last couple of years. Let's just start blooding Luke Kelly already...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I most likely will be wrong - but I have a good feeling about it all. Head says his going...gut says no.

Who the hell knows. But I know one thing: we shouldn't be getting fired up and cranky at a player who has given his all for this club.

In 24 hours it will be done and I'm sure he will handle himself with pure class as always - and we move on.

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

* Seconded* =D>
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just seen this on the Melbourne Storm facebook page...

Melbourne Storm
Find out LIVE, the announcement from Cooper Cronk at 10:30am tomorrow.

We will run a live chat for you to join in the conversation. Head here to set a reminder - http://bit.ly/HjTBn6

All updates will be posted on Twitter & Facebook as well!

Weird.... what would the club run a live chat if he leaving..??
Last edited by routy21 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

routy21 wrote:Just seen this on the Melbourne Storm facebook page...

Melbourne Storm
Find out LIVE, the announcement from Cooper Cronk at 10:30am tomorrow.

We will run a live chat for you to join in the conversation. Head here to set a reminder - http://bit.ly/HjTBn6

All updates will be posted on Twitter & Facebook as well!

Weird.... what would the club run a live chat if he leaving..??

Read that aswell and thought the same thing more than a little weird
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:I most likely will be wrong - but I have a good feeling about it all. Head says his going...gut says no.

Who the hell knows. But I know one thing: we shouldn't be getting fired up and cranky at a player who has given his all for this club.

In 24 hours it will be done and I'm sure he will handle himself with pure class as always - and we move on.

I thought that the world would end when GI left Storm.

It didn't.

I have a sneaky suspicious it will be the same outcome if Cooper leaves.

+ 2
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This whole thing has become a joke.

Why can't it be as straight forward as when anyone else signs with another club? just come out, announce it and play out the season

Why is he now wanting a media conference? So now we have to stop to have one of these a day before a game so Cooper can announce he has signed with someone else and answer a thousand questions about that in a Melbourne Storm media conference?

The whole thing is rediculous. Your not bigger then the game Cooper, just come out and tell us what your doing and move along.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Diehard_Storm wrote:I most likely will be wrong - but I have a good feeling about it all. Head says his going...gut says no.

I thought that the world would end when GI left Storm.

It didn't.

I have a sneaky suspicious it will be the same outcome if Cooper leaves.

+ 2
The only time the Melbourne Storm will never be the same is when Bellyache leaves.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he'll say he's leaving because of the deadline but is yet to make up his mind.

Anyway, Dragons you would think do have the cash for him.
Bulldogs probably depending on who's staying next year.

I wouldnt rule out the Melbourne Rebels