Cooper Cronk media conference

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know this is a long shot but.....

Cronk called the conference...As previously stated, The PC is normally called by the club who is signing him or by his current club to announce his re-signing.

So for Cronk to call the PC, then maybe he has made a decision which is out of left field.

Cronk originally came from union if memory serves me correctly.

Maybe he is announcing a switch too the ARU?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is gone, and good riddance. The guy obviously tried to hold the club ransom like so many before him, if he has just met with the Dragons it's obviously not about wanting to return home. Your gonna look very average without Billy and Cam on either side of you! If 550k a year is not enough for him then f*** off, we can retain Danger, Manu and proberbly tie Kelly to a long term contract.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOW! i reckon there is a few people (cooper, his manager etc) laughing theirs heads off at the coverage and predictions from people. ive seen every nrl club linked to him, union, super league and a few out of left field as well.

no one has a clue! thats all i know
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy, I was thinking something like that. Like I am not signing with anyone until the eand of the year, so leave me alone. But teams have to fill their rosters, so if he wants money he needs to sign now. I also thought of him annoucing he was going to England to play.

I do not think he is going to Union because he has waited so long to be the Queesnland and Australian 7 and now it his his to loose. If he sirn with the ARU he will not get pick for Australia in the up coming test and there will be calls for him not to play origin.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Straight swap deal for Foran? i could handle that
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is going to GWS. Either that or he has bought the Gold Coast United soccer club and will be their captain in 2013.
It's going to be a loooooooooooong 17½ hours.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also, for a very private guy that he is reportly meant to be. This is one very public way to do things. Everyone is talking about him. How much is this private person going to enjoy living with the NRL media in Queensland and Sydney. Here he can walk around and no one knows him. Or maybe that is the problem.

If he his avery private person why not just let Storm put it on their website that he is leaving. They did that when other people left like Hoffman, Lima, Finch etc. Even G.I. did not call a press conference to annouce he was leaving, that was just posted.

I bet he will say I want to thank the Melbourne supporters for their support during time here, it has meant......................................

I heard it all before. If you love it, so much stay.

Also, if he goes to a Sydney club, so much for wanting to go back to family. Lastly, Sunday he said after the game he had to look at eveything carefully and give everyting due process before deciding. If he only meet with the Dragons on Monday, 48 hours is not a lot of due process when he has been looking at other offers for over six weeks.

if he goes I hope what happens to other Storm players when they leave here (do nothing) happens to him in a big way and I will be hoping DCE replaces him in the Queensland and Australian sides.

I am finished ranting now. I am not happy.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:I know this is a long shot but.....

Cronk called the conference...As previously stated, The PC is normally called by the club who is signing him or by his current club to announce his re-signing.

So for Cronk to call the PC, then maybe he has made a decision which is out of left field.

Cronk originally came from union if memory serves me correctly.

Maybe he is announcing a switch too the ARU?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

just quietly I was thinking along these lines too. Everyone agrees the new club usually calls the press conference for a new signing & that's not happening right? Melbourne storm haven't said he's re-signed which would be the normal practice?
I'm thinking left-field too. Rugby, Europe, even retirement from playing...
or it may be that in Cronk-like fashion he wants to tell everyone with the correct info - no spin
I hope everything is well with him though & wish him all the best whatever the decision
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm not liking all the speculation but just to speculate some more, he may have been talking
with the Dragons for some weeks now. Part of his due diligence (as he mentioned on FoxSports
on Sunday) may have been to visit the Dragons as he did on Monday. Perhaps that was the
last part for him, decision is now made...

I'm gonna be really pi$$ed off if he announces his departure right before an important home game...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

In 2011, Cronk played the tests against New Zealand at the Gold Coast and Newcastle on the bench. Cronk is part of the 2011 Rugby League Four Nations tournament, playing off the bench when the Kangaroos played the Kiwis and England. Cooper Cronk has been selected to play Five-Eighth against Wales, with Johnathan Thurston at halfback, resting Darren Lockyer for the Four Nations Final. In the 2011 Rugby League Four Nations between Australia and Wales, Cronk scored 3 tries and set-up 2 tries for Australia. He also played in the Four Nations Grand Final against England. Cronk confirmed on the 28th of March 2012 that he had signed a 3 year contract with arch rivals St George Illawarra after specualation he had already signed with the Gold Coast Titans.

This is on Cooper Cronk's Wikipedia entry.

I also think he is annonce is leaving 24 hours before the game. It should be done on Saturday
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i thought anyone can edit the wikipedia entries? maybe a dragons supporter being funny
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think the timing stinks too,but that could be because the club pressured him into a time frame!!
Also the question needs to be asked..will they "televise" this media conference at 10.30 or will we find out through facebook or some other social media??
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:In 2011, Cronk played the tests against New Zealand at the Gold Coast and Newcastle on the bench. Cronk is part of the 2011 Rugby League Four Nations tournament, playing off the bench when the Kangaroos played the Kiwis and England. Cooper Cronk has been selected to play Five-Eighth against Wales, with Johnathan Thurston at halfback, resting Darren Lockyer for the Four Nations Final. In the 2011 Rugby League Four Nations between Australia and Wales, Cronk scored 3 tries and set-up 2 tries for Australia. He also played in the Four Nations Grand Final against England. Cronk confirmed on the 28th of March 2012 that he had signed a 3 year contract with arch rivals St George Illawarra after specualation he had already signed with the Gold Coast Titans.

This is on Cooper Cronk's Wikipedia entry.

I also think he is annonce is leaving 24 hours before the game. It should be done on Saturday
You do know how Wikipedia works, right?
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rose Madder wrote:I think the timing stinks too,but that could be because the club pressured him into a time frame!!
Also the question needs to be asked..will they "televise" this media conference at 10.30 or will we find out through facebook or some other social media??
Doubtful that it will be televised, though possibly on Fox Sports News... but I have no doubt it
will be all over the internet within seconds of the announcement just like it was today when
the club sent out the email about the presser.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cameron smith held a media conference when he re-signed. come on people get a grip and just wait