Round 5 - Storm vs Knights @ AAMI Park 30/03 7:30

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Chip wrote:That is also one of the bugbears of having games showed live too...some people opt for the cheaper option of watching at home. Imo it's better to have a delayed broadcast of home games so people can take advantage of the live experience then watch the game again a bit later. Live away games are awesome though!
It's not always about the cheaper option. I find Friday night traffic is a nightmare, had I gone to the game rather than go straight home by the time I got to the ground I would have missed kick off for the 2nd half. Instead I had time to get home and eat dinner, finished eating just before kickoff.

I can't believe it's taken Nein 15 years to finally pull their heads out of their arses and finally give us some respectable coverage. I got to watch the main game live on GEM, then the donkeys and the dragqueens then switched over to Nein to watch the main game again. Brilliant! I still hope they lose the rights to someone that will give this sort of coverage year in, year out, not just when they are trying to con the powers that be into giving them back the tv rights.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

wonder what the gemTv numbers are ?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mediaweek ‏ @MediaweekAU Fri TV #NRL metro 660k (Syd 326k Mel 26k Bri 305k Per 3k) Late game 365k (Syd 207k Mel 20k Bri 131k Per 2k) Nine & GEM

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Adelaide at least 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Mediaweek ‏ @MediaweekAU Fri TV #NRL metro 660k (Syd 326k Mel 26k Bri 305k Per 3k) Late game 365k (Syd 207k Mel 20k Bri 131k Per 2k) Nine & GEM

Very good figures for Melbourne, considering not too many people knew Gem are now showing nrl live on friday nights and sunday a/noon.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just my opinion but cooper cronk has been the storm and nrls form player. And its daylight second.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

@CooperCronk: I don't think any amount of spin can convince anyone those figures are acceptable. Sure there was AFL on but Nine have to do much more to ensure people know it is on.

Call me cynical but I believe Nine are doing this just to prove that "rugby league doesn't rate" outside the heartland and driving down the price they'll be made to pay for the rights as possible.

STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Was there any promo's in melbourne about the live games on GEM ? up here on the GC only heard it as a news report.

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

we had promos of the game here in adelaide.haven`t heard anything about this fridays game.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

STORM MAN wrote:Was there any promo's in melbourne about the live games on GEM ? up here on the GC only heard it as a news report.

Not ONE thing to promote the game on GEM. I wouldn't expect otherwise from the canny station.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw a couple of banners advertising on the main channel during Big Bang Theory...

STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

It really seems a bunch of amatures have been running the game - I mean really if you wanted to grow the game you think the number one target is TV. You need to get people to see the sport- I just hope the new board has the balls