2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

If you watched the pre game show before the Warriors game, Daley said Ryles is retiring at the end of the year. I know he is on a one year deal ,but I have heard nothing offical about his retirement. Anybody heard anyathing offical or is Daley making it up again?
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Well if it is true that Ryles is retiring which I think he would, and with all this drama with manu going, Neilson I think may leave due to slaray cap pressure, a few clubs will be offering him good money ( sharks ) . Then with quinn, Waqa, blair, Lowrie ect . A few of them will go to, we'll have a bit of cash to spend! Hmm..

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With the form Ryles has been in this year, you would have to think that Bellyache would convince him to play on for one more year. Who cares if he is 33 (34 in January next year), he's defying his age and has proved his critics wrong. Don't believe everything Lozza says on Fox.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:With the form Ryles has been in this year, you would have to think that Bellyache would convince him to play on for one more year. Who cares if he is 33 (34 in January next year), he's defying his age and has proved his critics wrong. Don't believe everything Lozza says on Fox.
this is true, and he has helped out the team more than most people know. but you have to be careful not to go that 1 year too many.....
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

according to melbourne storms twitter there will be an announcement on up to 3 re signings tonight after 3 pm

Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We have re-signed Justin O'Neill and Tohu Harris for 2 more years.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote:We have re-signed Justin O'Neill and Tohu Harris for 2 more years.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
please be true!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

um yes im very happy...why did i know for nearly a month about Tohu its even written in this forum and only announced now

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the signings are going great so far!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My prediction/current status for Storm's uncontracted players that have played for the club this year:

Confirmed:
Dane Nielsen - Gone (Warriors)
Justin O'Neill - Re-Signed with Storm for 2 years

Unconfirmed:
Maurice Blair - He will leave (don't know where to)
Rory Kostjasyn - He will leave (don't know where to)
Jaiman Lowe - He will leave (maybe England)
Todd Lowrie - Should re-sign with the Storm
Sika Manu - He will leave (to a Sydney club)
Bryan Norrie - He will leave (maybe England)
Anthony Quinn - Should re-sign with the Storm
Jason Ryles - Retirement or one more season, depends on whether the Storm win the premiership or not
Siosaia Vave - Should re-sign with the Storm
Sisa Waqa - He will leave (to a Sydney club)
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't think the players leaving are relevant,99% of players who leave end up being myths (Inglis,King,Blair, many others like White)

If I was one of you,I wouldn't be concerned your prick of a coach is A fkin evil genius

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't think Quinn should re-sign. He's only holding a spot in the side on the bench because Sika is out injured. If he has intentions to go overseas then next year is the time for him to do so.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Article on web site regarding Kearney and the SqEELS and it said that Norrie knocked them back this lately when they approached him to move. Why would you want to go from the top to the bottom.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if norrie has 2 more years with us, then he might be a premiership winning prop. that would get you a good final contract in england....... or wagga