2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

No room at the kennel for Taupau
Rising prop Martin Taupau is clearly on the outer at the Bulldogs. Taupau was named in the starting side to take on the Tigers tonight, but has been dumped from the 17-man squad following the late inclusion of Sam Kasiano for his long-awaited return. Taupau is still under contract for next season, but has several clubs interested in picking him up. With the Bulldogs re-signing big men Frank Prichard, Greg Eastwood and Aiden Tolman and Englishman James Graham now back on deck, the Bulldogs may let Taupau go.
Taupau would thrive under Bellamy's tutelage.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Please Craig. Noooo
Carney in eye of the Storm
Don't be surprised to see a massive twist in the Todd Carney saga, with the Storm set to make a play for the Sharks star. With Carney’s Sharks deal in limbo as the ASADA investigation drags on, the Storm are considering making a late bid for his services. After Gareth Widdop’s departure to the Dragons next season, the Storm have a vacancy at number six – and cash to spend. Carney is believed to be open to approaches from the Storm. The star pivot has won a Dally M Medal, played Origin football and played in a grand final. But he has yet to win a title – and knows his best chance will be under Craig Bellamy at the Storm.
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-d ... um=twitter
Surely not!? We can't afford another big name player. Not without kissing goodbye to any chance of holding onto some up and coming younger players.

We never buy big name players and I definitely don't want to start now.

Please no!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly. Being interested in Carney goes against everything we've ever done.

Can't see it happening.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Carney is believed to be open to approaches from the Storm.
This smells more like spin from Carney's manager ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Monsoon
Monsoon

Carney has too much baggage and is quite injury prone, i'd much rather invest in our youth or even go after another young 5/8 like Tyrone Roberts from the knights or Blake Austin from the Panthers. Although if we could get Carney for what we were going to offer Gaz it wouldnt be too bad, i highly doubt that will be enough though.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sam Williams would be another option if we were to look elsewhere to fill the void Widdop will leave at five-eight. He gives me that "hard worker" vibe so if he's willing to play five-eight then he'd be a good fit for the Storm.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Um....not sure I'd be looking at that as an option. Surely we've got three candidates at the moment that would have to be in consideration in Mcgahan, Mann and Hampton. I'll always be happy to accept whatever call CB makes but I would have thought we'd be looking at forwards and retaining our current players than someone like Carney.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maurice Blair is the other possibility.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Maurice Blair is the other possibility.
Yuck lol.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

carney next to cronk would be amazing!! didnt those 2 pair up for aus v nz in the 4 nations one year and win 34-20? then the next game nz win.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Normally, i'd agree with blooding our own young 5/8 - as I've no doubt in storms ability to find and help create a new star......But....carney next to cronk?l That would equal: mind blown! I don't think it'll happen at all, but I'm definitely on the 'for' side of this argument.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Frank Ponissi has rubbished the Carney rumours, not gonna happen guys.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea just seen that. Not to sure why we were linked to him anyway.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1999 wrote: i would be trying to keep Griffin, Solamona, Norrie, Moors, Setu, McLean, Vave and Blair, I think Finch will either retire or move on, Ryles will retire, Garbutt has had a chance and hasnt really taken it ditto Sau.
Why is Blair a must keep, yet Garbutt and Sau haven't taken their chances?

Is today opposite day or something?
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lucas wrote:
1999 wrote: i would be trying to keep Griffin, Solamona, Norrie, Moors, Setu, McLean, Vave and Blair, I think Finch will either retire or move on, Ryles will retire, Garbutt has had a chance and hasnt really taken it ditto Sau.
Why is Blair a must keep, yet Garbutt and Sau haven't taken their chances?

Is today opposite day or something?
Yeah you're right Garbutt and Sa'u have been amazing, if you knew anything about footy you would know Blair is a great depth player because he is a utility, an NRL quality player that can play centre, 5/8, 2nd Row, Lock and prob hooker at a pinch. Garbutt and Sa'u are one dimensional, dime a dozen players who are easily replaced. Is everyone forgetting how good Bobby was last year every time he got called up?