2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:As fans we're allowed to voice our opinons on our team. We don't have to fall in love with everything the club does.

I don't like Keating. My opinon won't change whether Bellamy and co do. Now that doesn't mean I don't trust the decisions the club makes either. This rumoured acquisition is just odd.
Agreed.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

My only concern was that your comment that Keating's signing was "pointless" seemed to cast aspersions on the coaching and recruitment team's judgment.

If it's just your opinion...fair enough.

If you are saying that the Club doesn't know what they are doing, well I don't think that's very fair on a 3 time Premiership winning Coach.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sione Kite
Ryan Tandy
Chris Walker
Tavita Metusilua
Ian Donnelly
Garrett Crossman
Clifford Manua
Sinbad Kali
Willie Isa
Jack Afamasaga

Bellamy and co have got it wrong plenty of times in the past, they are not perfect, and i can comfortably say we can add Keating to that list if we do infact sign him. As mentioned we have 5 better 5/8 options in house, no idea what the coaching staff are thinking.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Sione Kite
Ryan Tandy
Chris Walker
Tavita Metusilua
Ian Donnelly
Garrett Crossman
Clifford Manua
Sinbad Kali
Willie Isa
Jack Afamasaga

Bellamy and co have got it wrong plenty of times in the past, they are not perfect, and i can comfortably say we can add Keating to that list if we do infact sign him. As mentioned we have 5 better 5/8 options in house, no idea what the coaching staff are thinking.
1999 I actually thought Ryan Tandy was quite good for us (lets not speak about what he did at the Bulldogs) and Garrett Crossman was also quite servicable. So I would take those two off the list and add Scott Anderson to it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Tandy might not have been great off field at the Dogs but he was a great for us while in a purple jumper.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ryan Tandy
Chris Walker
Tavita Metusilua
Ian Donnelly
Garrett Crossman
Clifford Manua
Sinbad Kali
Willie Isa
Jack Afamasaga

1999...the point of my email was not that Keating was a perfect or imperfect signing, but that he would have my support as a Storm player while playing in this jersey and for this Club.

History will judge afterwards whether he was a helpful or unhelpful signing.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do we even know if Kris Keating has been signed by the Club btw ??

Apart from one line in a twitter feed, there is no other reporting of this matter on the net that I can find.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
Ryan Tandy
Chris Walker
Tavita Metusilua
Ian Donnelly
Garrett Crossman
Clifford Manua
Sinbad Kali
Willie Isa
Jack Afamasaga

1999...the point of my email was not that Keating was a perfect or imperfect signing, but that he would have my support as a Storm player while playing in this jersey and for this Club.

History will judge afterwards whether he was a helpful or unhelpful signing.
oooppss...sorry...meant "post" not "email" and I was referring to my very original post on the matter.

I understand that Bellamy & Co haven't got every signing perfect...they sure have missed on a few...however it might be that they have a specific plan or need that we just don't understand.

Time will be the judge.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that Lama Tasi has been granted an immediate release from his contract.

23 year-old Tasi was contracted to the club until the end of 2013 but has been granted the release to enhance his prospects of playing regularly in the NRL for the remainder of the season.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/lama-tasi ... z2XV1hyMuA

we might have jumped on weston too early, i really rate tasi
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2p2pv.html

So apparently we are gonna sign Travis Robinson...huh...this makes no sense at all...has junior sau and Mahe fallen out of favor that much...really
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2p2pv.html

So apparently we are gonna sign Travis Robinson...huh...this makes no sense at all...has junior sau and Mahe fallen out of favor that much...really
It is for next year and with Junior leaving he needs to be replaced.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Robinson hasn't played in many games but has shown some good signs. He's super quick too.

Mahe has a lot to work on if he wants to play consistently in first grade.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldn't mind him
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tasi has signed with Broncos for rest of the season, will join them from next week
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm announced a NEW signing will be announced today...who knows who it is...cause for once I dont

Unless it's travis Robinson
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like its just some sponsor thing. Not a player. Storm twitter trolled us.