2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Outstanding acquisition. Horo has all the skills unfortunately he's been injury-ridden over the past two years but if he can get back on the field for for an extended period of time then he'll be a asset to our forward pack. Justin has the potential to be something big, it'll be interesting watching his development at Melbourne under quality coaching which he hasn't received in recent years.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good solid signing. Very happy with it. Pretty sure he was on the outer with Kearney this year. He should be our starting lock next season.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could be a good signing. Was given every chance by Kearney though but couldnt deliver.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just read some thoughts on Justin Horo on a Para Forum :

Loads of talent, but no heart and way too lazy.

Let's wait and see if Bellyache can turn those things around.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

His laziness is nothing Bellyache can't change. Once Bellyache has eliminated that flaw from his game he'll begin to fulfill his potential. I've got the feeling this could be one of our better recruits in recent seasons. He's got much more ball-playing skills than Sika Manu and Todd Lowrie who vitally have none and he knows how to find a gap too. One more signing, preferably a prop forward or a big powerful second rower and that you would think would be our recruitment for 2013 complete.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In today's RLW the Mole said "I'm hearing talk that Storm mentor Craig Bellamy moving to the Warriors any time soon is way off the mark. Bellamy is telling those closest to him he does not want to coach against the 'big three' -Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk - Which means he will stay at the Storm for the foreseeable future"

Now this bloke has been known to get as many wrong as he does right so lets hope this one is the latter. It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to be true though. He's been there right from the start of their first grade careers (well the vast majority of Cams anyway) and i'm sure he'd take great satisfaction of being there at the end of their careers as well. Who knows what will happen but i'm sure i talk for everyone in saying we'd love to keep him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That has made my day....Bellamy even saying out loud that he loves the boys too much to coach against them is just and perfect
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not surprised at all. Why do you think Craig struggled at rep level ? He loves this team more than anything else in the world.

I do laugh at rumours involving us though. We seem to be the most secretive team in the NRL by a country mile.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm builds strong front
Thursday 13 September 2012 6:38 PM

Melbourne Storm has today announced Wests Tigers forward Junior Moors and former Broncos forward Lagi Setu have both agreed to terms for the 2013 season.
The two new recruits will add depth and experience to the Melbourne Storm roster for next season, supported by a number of exciting youngsters who will join the full time squad from November.

GM Football Frank Ponissi highlighted the need to balance the progression of developing young players with the recruitment of experienced players, to add fresh talent to the club roster for 2013. “We are very excited about the group of youngsters we have coming through our development systems and when combine this with new recruits like Junior and Lagi, we believe we are well placed for next season,” Ponissi said.

“Our focus has been on establishing long term development pathways to progress our young talent.

“With the addition of four more current NYC players to the full time squad next season, we will have 15 out of 32 players who have come through our under 20’s system.”

Setu and Moors will join a number of NYC players and some additional recruits in November for the commencement of off season.

Additional players for 2013

Denny Solomona (Storm NYC)
Young Tonumaipea (Storm NYC)
Matt McGahan (Storm NYC)
Kirisome Auva’a (Storm NYC)

Tim Glasby (CQ Capras, Qld Cup)
Junior Sa’u (Newcastle Knights)
Kurt Mann (Newcastle Knights NYC)

Great news!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very good signings. Extremely happy with that. Moving dead weight for some potential breakout players. Love it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Omg I'm so excited about young somi Matt Denny being in the nrl team...I'm also excited about lagi who has been on his Morman mission he was amazing at the broncos b4 he left
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good signings. If memory serves Setu is probably one of the only guys that has managed to sit Sika on his butt in a one on one tackle. Not a bad effort :-)
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Where does it say anything about Justin Horo signing
roberttuz

Bloody hell those three new guys in the pack will be awesome if Bellamy can weave his magic with them.

Can't wait to see them in action next year!!