2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
staticash
Squall
Squall

Great news Sally I hope ur friends friend is right he has a lot of talent.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good news re: Young T but expected given he is also a VRL junior. Which other current Under 20s do people think will be promoted to the first grade squad in 2013? I am thinking potentially Kirisome and maybe someone like Damien Sironen or Jarome Wilson.

I have excluded those who are already in the first grade squad and those who are still young enough to be in Under 20s next year.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Good news re: Young T but expected given he is also a VRL junior. Which other current Under 20s do people think will be promoted to the first grade squad in 2013? I am thinking potentially Kirisome and maybe someone like Damien Sironen or Jarome Wilson.

I have excluded those who are already in the first grade squad and those who are still young enough to be in Under 20s next year.
Karl Davies has been the best prop in U20s this year, so if we do give a contract to one of the U20s props I hope its him. I agree about Kirisome he has impressed every year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fizer wrote:
Scooter wrote:Good news re: Young T but expected given he is also a VRL junior. Which other current Under 20s do people think will be promoted to the first grade squad in 2013? I am thinking potentially Kirisome and maybe someone like Damien Sironen or Jarome Wilson.

Karl Davies has been the best prop in U20s this year, so if we do give a contract to one of the U20s props I hope its him. I agree about Kirisome he has impressed every year.
Karl has been quite good. One reason I put Siro as a potential signing is because he played 2 or 3 games in the NSW Cup. I was assuming the Storm gave him that experience because they think he is one of the most likely to step up to the first grade squad.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

who steps up will be based on need:

Our squad reads:

Fullbacks: (2?)
Slater, Tonumaipea?

Wings: (2)
Duffie, Waqa

Centres: (4)
Fonua, O'Neill, Sa'u, Chambers

Halfbacks/Five Eighths: (4)
Cronk, Widdop, Hampton, Mann

Props: (6)
J.Bromwich, Ryles, Norrie, Vave, Garbutt, Glasby

Hookers: (3)
Smith, Hinchcliffe, Griffin

Second Rowers/Locks: (4)
K.Bromwich, Harris, Proctor, Hoffman

I would say we want at least one more outside back if not two - Auva'a and Solomona would be the favourites.
Maybe another half - McGahan.
Two or three props - Re-sign McLean and promote 2 of Wilson, Davies and Sironen
And a couple of back rowers - Auva'a can play there, sign Panapa from Easts Tigers and look for another quality back-up somewhere.

That's what I think is most likely anyway.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we chatted to Krisomes family at the game in brissie and they said he was staying in melbourne...he hasnt been offered anything yet but he was staying

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Monsoon
Monsoon

Junior Sau must be happy with his new deal with us, he was untouchable today in NSW Cup, scored a hat trick and set afew up, looked like he did back when playing for NZ. I'm a little excited by this signing now.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I hope we stock up with atlest two key forwards. Has J Smith signed with any one..?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

Updated 2013 Squad

1. Billy SLATER
2. Matt DUFFIE
3. Junior SAU
4. Will CHAMBERS
5. Justin O'NEILL
6. Gareth WIDDOP
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. Jason RYLES
11. Kevin PROCTOR
12. Ryan HOFFMAN
13. Ryan HINCHCLIFFE

14. Slade GRIFFIN
15. Bryan NORRIE
16. Siosaia VAVE
17. Tohu HARRIS

18. Mahe FONUA
19. Sisa WAQA
20. Ben HAMPTON
21. Young TOUNIMAPEA
22. Kurt MANN
23. Tim GLASBY
24. Maurice BLAIR
25. Kenny BROMWICH
26. Mitch GARBUTT
27. Jordan MACLEAN

Does anyone know whats happened to Brayden Williame? I liked the look of him, had some serious potential, has he left?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Braydon did his ACL i think...im pretty sure he is still in Melbourne but has quit footy

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

BIG JIM wrote:Is this one we have lost out on

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 24f5f.html
was part of the development squad for the Melbourne Rebels and the Victorian state team.
This kid is playing codes off against each other ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wow.. what a story that kid has.. poor dude.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So according to the Goodbyes after the game last night it was pretty much everyone we already knew about + Shea Moylan

I guess with shea leaving that make way for Young Mahe and Junior to take his spot

mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:So according to the Goodbyes after the game last night it was pretty much everyone we already knew about + Shea Moylan

I guess with shea leaving that make way for Young Mahe and Junior to take his spot

Is Quinny staying or leaving next year? He wasn't mentioned in the departing players video and it was reported that he was heading back to Newcastle.