2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

There was some speculation a month or so ago that we were in negotiations with Elijah Taylor from the Warriors but he denied it when questioned about it from a New Zealand reporter. Maybe with Lowrie going across the ditch, we could make a straight swap with them. Both are locks and have similar games, Elijah Taylor does have a few more skills when it comes to the attacking department though.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

wouldn't mind that swap either but doubt it would happen, taylor said he wanted to stay with the warriors but you never no

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
jstephens
Squall
Squall

With the abundant of junior plays we have re-signed, does anyone have the feeling that Bellamy and the gang are entering a rebuilding stage? If so I bloody hope not because we have so much potential, and we're 2nd on the ladder for god sake! Plus, the big 3 won't be around forever...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

with lowrie and sika leaving, i would LOVE to see jeremy smith come back! hoffman proctor and smith backrow... with hinchy off the bench.

with the props garbutt and mclean will be great next year... also i think kenny b played better at prop than 2nd row for qld cup when i seen him play.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ohh jez would be good
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:ohh jez would be good
He wants to sign with Newcastle
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't see us going after anyone with major credentials. Although it would be a delight *Cough* Impact forward *Cough*.
Even with players coming off the books don't forget pretty much every player on our roster will get some sort of upgrade. So yes we may have some money to spend but don't expect anything to really excite us. Salary cap will be around 5 million next year and you'd think 40% of that is taken up from 3 players.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No point going after smith...he is to old and very injury proned. He doesn't have many years left and we already have old boy Ryles. I know Smith would add mongrel to our pack but he won't play that many games...I am looking forward to blooding some young players in the trails next year and seeign how they go.

Also I know we wont sign anyone big becasue we will want to have money up our sleeve for when Slaters contrct is up...then year after we will need to resign smith so the next 3 years will be slim pickings in terms of big name signings..we will be going with discards and up and coming players to build our team around them

Anyone got a list of players who are off contract here and in england? I can see us siging some aussies wanting to come home maybe
Millsy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

What about David Stagg, he still has something to offer, I think he's underrated.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I read that he would retire if he's not offered a new contract at Canterbury, so he's probably out of the equation, although when Ryles was at the Roosters he said something along those lines too.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone got a list of players who are off contract here and in england? I can see us siging some aussies wanting to come home maybe[/quote]

http://www.18th-man.com/p/nrl-players-transfers.html
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From what I've heard these players are possibilities for Super League...

Justin Poore (Mostly rumoured to Newcastle, also Canberra but also getting alot of interest from a few SL clubs)

Junior Sa'u (Apparently a couple of SL clubs interested but rumour has it Storm are most likely, Sharks are also in the race) Apparently Sharks wanted him as part compensation for J.Smith going to Newcastle, but the Knights were apparently alot worse off financially this way and would prefer to sell Sa'u. I'd say more than likely to Melbourne after the Sharks signing of Jonathan Wright

Jamie Soward (Wigan I'm hearing everywhere)

Can't think of anymore atm
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote:
sallymay wrote:ohh jez would be good
He wants to sign with Newcastle

Jeremy Smith to Newcastle to be announced after monday night
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

It has been reported on twitter that Anthony Quinn is seeking to secure a Super League contract for the 2013 season.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

either way I'm happy that his going, his been great for us in the past but his time is over at the storm we need to let our younger talent have their go now, quinn is clogging the line and now that his gone finally fonua or some other person will get a go on the wing

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image