2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who's to say we also aren't looking for forwards as well? Just because nothing has been reported in the papers doesn't mean it's not happening. I dare say they're also waiting on whether Sika re-signs or not first and see where we are cap wise after it. If he goes elsewhere we should have a nice amount to spend on another forward or 2. We're only half way through the season so there's hardly any cause for concern.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Oldfield would be a good signing as I think we only have Fonua from the 20s who could step up and I still think he has a lot of work to do.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think potentially Solomona and Tonumaipea can step up but, they have a long way to go (Auva'a is a better defender who also plays in the centres but, they seem to be looking at him as a second row option long term).
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:I think potentially Solomona and Tonumaipea can step up but, they have a long way to go (Auva'a is a better defender who also plays in the centres but, they seem to be looking at him as a second row option long term).
I agree about Solomona and Tonumaipea but they are a couple of years from being ready and Auva'a I see as a forward.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Steve Turner could possibly come back to the Storm, considering Danger Nielsen is leaving? He's still great mates with most of the boys in Melbourne so could be a possibility - plus Smith's kicking has been off this year, so, Turner would be an asset with the boot for us too.

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Turner

Just speculating, that's all, don't bite my head off!
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

agree with the kicking but would much prefer fonua on the wing.

I think Widdop could maybe even do the kicking, his goal kicking has been pretty good this year?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not sure on Turner TBH. Probably a bit past his time. I'm sure sydney fans would love it, with us bringing everyone back.
Widdop needs to take over the kicking duties soon.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we need forwards, look at manly. they have big guys going forward, which makes the young guys out the back look better than what they are. we have talent out wide but need more metre eaters to make their job easier
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea very true. If we get a forward pack that puts fear into the eyes of the comp. We become unbeatable.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

yes. Imagine us with a bulldogs pack, or roosters pack with our Backline running off them, we'd be unstoppable!

Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Has anyone remembered to check where our pack has helped us get to 3 games clear of the rest? I can't follow the obsession with having a huge pack. Game plan and discipline will overcome size the majority of the time.

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:Has anyone remembered to check where our pack has helped us get to 3 games clear of the rest? I can't follow the obsession with having a huge pack. Game plan and discipline will overcome size the majority of the time.

+ 1...

Last time I looked.....Melbourne Storm were unstoppable in 2012 with a fwd pack that is Melbourne Storm's...not the Bullfrog's or Chooks!

get with the program folks...

Craig Bellamy demands ultimate respect for his strict discipline and no nonsense footy smarts.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

By no means am I saying that our forward pack sucks, but teams no if the keep our pack from making metres our team doesn't click. Sharks defended our forwards extremely well and it showed because we were off for most of the game. I'm looking forward to see what differences in our game plan is for Manly in 2 weeks.
I just want a forward or back rower that can come in and just straight out chalk up metres when we really need it.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im saying our pack could improve, look at the difference from last year to this year! now can you see how good we could be with the pack improving more over the next few years?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Penrith sign Sika Manu on a three year deal.