Keep Coops, Goodbye Sika and Danger???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 6306513953

It is likely that if the Storm keep Cooper Cronk, the players that will be gone at the end of the year will be Sika Manu and Dane Nielsen.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

If it were to come down to that id say bye bye to manu and dane . I love Manu and would love to keep him but quality half backs dont come very often and i have not seen luke kelly enough to know if his upto the grade. With the big 3 u can build a side around them like we have . Dane is replaceable and imo so is Sika. Keep Cronk
Better still , get rid of hoffman and keep sika
Joel
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It doesn't necessarily mean we'll lose Sika (who i think would be the bigger priority) if Coops re-signs. Obviously other clubs were always going to offer him more given the names we have but that doesn't instantly mean we can't come up with something that he's happy with. Though this is what shits me to tears about players these days, i know there's big decisions to make in regards to where to sign your next contract but they have to realize it's not just all about them and their club/teammates also suffer from the flow on effect the longer they umm and ahhh and just generally stuff about.

I love Coops and hope he stays but it's a perfect example in this case where Siks has had other offers and may be forced to take one from another club because he has no idea what the Storm can/will offer him because they don't know how much money they'll have. If he did take another offer which was a lucrative one you couldn't really blame him given that offer may not be on the table forever.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id rather coops..
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Let go of Lowrie. Lowe, Neilson and Ryles ?
Ryles only signed for one year, his getting on. he'll be 34 next year..
Lowrie, Lowe, Neilson are easily replacable.

Maybe that would free up a bit of cash to resign manu!

His my favourite forward to watch, big powerful runs!
I really hope we can hang on to him.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think most of those players will be gone next season so I think we should hold onto Sika and Coops.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I also think it's odds on Quinny won't be with us next season either so from all reports that frees up $250-$300k.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My guess is Sika wont be here next year
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We would not have signed Chambers if he wasn't viewed as a long term centre proposition to partner O'Neill. Nielsen is as good as gone and easily replaceable and I think he'll end up back at Cronulla.

Manu could go either way...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

Manu would be a huge loss to our go forward he is a great player and will only get better hope we mange to keep him

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah I hope Coops hurry's up and announces his decision, which I hope is to stay. That way we can then resign Sika and Danger

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd be okay with Danger going but I really want Sika to stay.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:I also think it's odds on Quinny won't be with us next season either so from all reports that frees up $250-$300k.
I reckon Quinny will play out his career in Melbourne. He will be 30 next year and every club needs a few experienced older players in their squads. He has also been a loyal servant to the Storm since he left Newcastle at the end of 2006 and even though he has missed a few games due to injury and has his critics, he still has a lot to offer the Storm.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storm boy ! wrote:Ryles only signed for one year, his getting on. he'll be 34 next year..
I thought that aswell when he first signed with the club, but after seeing him play in his two games so far this year, I have a feeling he might sign on for next year and from then who knows. He's playing as well as he did for the Dragons way back in 2001 and I reckon he'll put the pressure on Jesse Bromwich for a starting front row spot.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

I think JBromwich needs to start either way just for the experience ,hes gonna be really good one day- Sika is a must to keep . We have lost the forward fear factor with the loss of Blair , Lima , white and Jsmith just to name a few - If we keep the big 3 then really our forwards are our greatest threat to success - Sika is our only fear factor left in the pack no offence to the other forwards in the team .

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image