Keep Coops, Goodbye Sika and Danger???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's an absolute perfectionist in everything he does. Why would the announcement of this huge decision be any different? Especially considering the amount of media attention it has already attracted.
I'm sure many players are casual enough to tell the club "I'm staying" or "I'm going" and leave it there. Then let twitter and Facebook, media, etc interpret and analyse the decision however they see fit.
But I don't believe Coops seems to operate that way. I think his professional nature believes that such a big decision deserves a big audience, and a proper explanation.
My gut tells me he's leaving. But equally I will not be surprised WHEN he announces he is staying. This will surely pump us up even more for Friday night's game!!!

Go Storm!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

If Cronk stays like i think he will what happens with Luke kelly - does he start looking for another club or sit back waiting for his chance ?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Didn't Kelly sign a new contract recently, if so, maybe he had a feeling Cronk would leave and that's why he re-signed with the Storm? All the signs are there that Cronk won't be at the Storm next year though. I will be very, very surprised that after all this media coverage and bigger offers for him by other clubs that he will decide to stay with the Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Luke Kelly only resigned with the storm last year for a year meaning he is off contract too

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im sure kelly signed this year for a couple more years......
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sure it was 2 years unless it was one with an option of another
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have to say that I am thrilled Coops is staying ;D . I and probably a lot of other fans got a little carried away with the media coverage and the predictions about his future. So where does that leave other Storm player's futures?? What does everyone think will happen to Sika, Danger and even Luke Kelly now that Cronk has revealed he is staying. I am glad the Three Musketeers are going to be one club players (although doesn't Cam's contract come up for renewal next year though, even though it is very likely he will stay in Melbourne?).
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam is signed until the end of 2014. Bill the end of 2015 and now Coops til the end of 2016. I've no doubt they'll all end up being one club players as you get the feeling it's very important to them.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think if sika goes tohu comes in, and if danger goes fonua comes in.

2011 should have showed people 1 thing, it doesnt matter who leaves they always get replaced.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As for Luke Kelly, contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. If he did resign before Cronk, he'll just ask for permission to negotiate with other clubs.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't see Luke or Hampton being here next year.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know what was just said but going by contract Kelly is gone this year anyway and Hampton has 2 more years

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

CooperCronk wrote:I think Cooper has been holding out on letting Storm know about his decision because of the Tits financial situation.

My gut feeling is that he will make an announcement this week.
I think he's an astute person and make the right decision and sign with us.
Sorry guys, but I thought I'd show you I always had the faith :-D