Keep Coops, Goodbye Sika and Danger???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Please stay cooper! Pleassssssseeeeeee!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Cooper has been holding out on letting Storm know about his decision because of the Tits financial situation.

My gut feeling is that he will make an announcement this week.
I think he's an astute person and make the right decision and sign with us.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just hope he make the right decision for Cooper Cronk :?

Good Luck with whatever it is Coops
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

According to Matty Johns Monday night football foxtel he reckons that the word going around is that Cooper has gone - I hope this is wrong

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Isn't Matty Johns a good mate of Coops from his time with the Storm coaching staff? Maybe he knows something everyone else doesn't.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

My family are huge Cronk fans (we have the SooperCooper Seats sign) and I do not want to see him go. I can not belive he would go to the Titians for about 100k a season more, when if he stays in Melbourne he has the players, team and coach that will make him play better football. At the Titians he will have to get used to doing all the work and loosing, (which I am told makes him very angry). Also I can not belive he wants to go home to his family, he has been in Melbourne for 10 years and his girlfriend is from Melbourne. He grew up here, you can not tell me he is still home sick and he can go and live in Queensland in about 4 years when he retries.

But in saying all that I think he has gone because if he was going to stay he would have signed by now. It is easier to say I am staying than it is to say I am going.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's not a 100k more Glenn. It's a cool million bucks difference. God know how's the Tits can afford it but it's enough to make coops the highest paid player in the game.

Believe it or not...but I for one can understand why Coops is taking a little extra time to make sure he makes the right call. It's not like Orford's drama. Orford played everyone for fools to get the cash - whereas Cronk has been honest and transparent with everyone according to Ponissi.

Respect Coops. Hope you stay but no grudges if you take an offer almost too crazy good to turn down.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep $1 million over 4 years is a lot of folding stuff BUT.....if what we plebs know of Cooper regarding his will to win and his desire to never ever lose and to always play in successful sides...then he might have a LOT of time to sit around counting his money.

The Titans might think they can buy a Premiership...however as long they train the Titan ways...think the Titans way....play the Titans way.....support each other in the Titans way....and have a club culture that is based on the laid back Gold Coast culture....then they will NEVER EVER be successful.

The Titans aren't Storm...never have been and NEVER will be...and Cooper will find that out with a thud unfortunately.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im getting that bad feeling again...i dont think he will stay now

just dont understand the jokes betwwen the boys in front of the members...that sucks
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm getting sick of this bullshit. I don't care if he stays or goes at this stage. Worst case scenario is Widdop has to get more involved and Kelly slots into the 7 shirt.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

what is it with the half backs we have had over the years..kimmorley,orful and now Coops.Why do they take so long making their decisions
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:im getting that bad feeling again...i dont think he will stay now

just dont understand the jokes betwwen the boys in front of the members...that sucks
its just good mates have a joke between each other, he might leave he might not, but just hurry up about it! im sick of hearing all the media crap
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

SallyMay, the entire club from coaches, players, staff, members & fans want him to stay. Of course guys like Smithy and Billy will continuously keep suggesting how good he looks playing alongside them in a winning team, and how he makes them look good.
They're just trying to penetrate that steely psychi that Coops seems to posess. Hopefully I'm sure some sense will eventually sink in.
Maybe Ponissi needs to set him a deadline? It appears as though Coops' life revolves around schedules, routine and deadlines. In the meantime I'm sure the boys will continue to 'encourage' him to stay as much as possible.

mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am starting to sound like a troll - heard Peter Maher on 3AW this morning also saying he has gone
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote: Maybe Ponissi needs to set him a deadline?

He's now officially been given a deadline, no date was given publically but you'd think it might be by the end of this week. The gut feel is that he's gone but you never know with all the uncertainty at the Tits.