Keep Coops, Goodbye Sika and Danger???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well according to today's Herald Cronk has already penned a 3 year deal with the Titans. To say i'm dissapointed would be an understatement but I'm very keen to see what Luke Kelly can offer us in 2013, and with Widdop still developing and Hampton & McGhan progressing nicely i think we will be ok. I know its not offical but where there's smoke there is usually fire, and i'd like to be the 1st to wish Coops good luck in all future endeavors, Thanks for the memories mate! Gonna miss you, hope you leave with a premiership ring on your finger!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

u know what...Coops has gone ive started to get that feeling

I really thought i had i right though...bugger

Matt And Ben will be amazing in a few years as for Luke he could be the next Cooper just waiting in the wings for his time to shine

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

One thing that will be good from this is the entire club including Cooper will want to say goodbye with a Premiership, i think the boys will be nearly unstoppable if this is confirmed.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Coops has signed with the Titans, he's an absolute idiot, considering their financial plight.

I'm really too shattered to say anymore other than someone at the nrl should have a good hard look at their salary cap.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not convinced he's going yet. Mind you, Sika Manu is vital to be re-signed. Another poster already mentioned that every year we have lost a quality forward in Blair, Lima, White, Smith, etc leaving very little still here. He is more reliable on the injury front than he used to be as well. Gotta sign him up.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Coopers way to smart to sign with the Titans.. surely he hasnt done that.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah - I just can't believe that a professional like Coops would go to the joke that is the Titans. You have a chance to play for very good coin here @ Melbourne, and play with two of the very best in the game and the best coach and a healthy culture. Gold Coast is nothing but a career wrecker and players are using it as a chance to have a fun life style more than improve their game. Surely Coops wouldn't be that dumb to think this is best for him. If he does than wow.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. 2.2m v 2.6m over 3 years.

2. Storm culture v Titans culture (no comparison).

3. High opportunity for a premiership at Storm v low opportunity at Titans.

4. Great lifetime mates at Storm v who knows what at Titans.

5. Melbourne v Gold Coast (even taking into account the weather).

Couldn't possibly be going for any of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.....so it must only be family related.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Id say hes mad if he signs with the titans , he will lose his rep spots to DCE because he wont look near as good as he does with class player around him. He is a great player but without our stars he may just struggle.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If he has actually signed (and at this stage Id suggest it`s just another journo blowing smoke out of his own butt) then that`s really sad and totally perplexing. As so many of you have already pointed out why would he go to a team that`s an absolute basket case. Even if it was for family reasons, he had a chance to deal with the nags a few weeks ago but didn`t so I cant see why he would look at going to a team that looks like it`s on its last legs. Not to mention that Schubert should be on the next plane to the GC with a calculator and the same stick he took to us. I`m even starting to see a few suggestions that his manager is trying to put some deal together where Coops goes to the Titans and we sign DCE but I cant see why we would bother when we have Luke Kelly and Matt McGahan in the wings ( so I suppose that`s more smoke :) ) . Hopefully whatever is delaying his decision will be cleared up soon and we can get on with resigning Sika etc
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we do indeed lose coops there are worse things we can do do than throw that money at DCE.. The kid is so talented and young, we'd be silly to not look at it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

I agree 100% 1999 would be Awsome to cheer on another bloke from mackay where I live.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

DCE re-signed Manly 2015
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As I said last year cooper is friends and in business with nate Myles and Ashley Harrison. He could also probably earn an extra 1.5 million by goingto the coast. However he's good but he's too limited in his game to thrive without superstars around him

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whatever he decides i just hope he hurries the feck up and announces it so we can sort out other players futures. Personally i'd prefer him to stay but as with all these big money signings if he decides to move on there's a big positive in that there'll be plenty of money to be distributed elsewhere.