Round 4 - Storm vs Roosters @ AAMI Park 25/03 2:00

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Guess we are going to have a similar team as last week, without Blair?

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. O'Neill
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Norrie
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Ryles
16. Vave
17. Proctor
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Danger is still out injured, then there is no other alternative than to play Chambers (highly unlikely Bobby will play this week due to his night out on the town after the Titans game).

Bellyache must be pretty confident if he is going to keep this line-up for yet another week. Hoffy, Widdop must be on notice if they have another poor game. Even Jesse Bromwich has been very ordinary for the first three weeks IMO. There are many other players such as Garbutt, Lowe, Kostjasyn and Kelly who are all deserving of spots in the 17.

It is also good Bellyache has kept a consistent backline (obviously except for Danger's injury) and Duffman, Quinny and Juzzy are all playing terrific and have cemented their spots in the line-up. Other players that have been tremendous so far this year are Lowrie, Hinchy, Manu, Ryles and Proctor.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think the guys will improve so we all just need to calm down about dropping players. I was very vocal about Todd Lowrie being dropped early in the season and he has proven me wrong. He has been better than Hinchy this year at Lock, I hope he can keep it up.

Bromwich and Widdop are young players they will have ups and down in their first 2 seasons of footy thats just how it goes deal with it. If you chop and change the team all the time you will have no cohesion and no one would have played more than 10 games together by finals times ALSO the teams that usually use the least amount of players during the season have a better chance of winning the comp for obvious reasons.

Lowe is not a good foward sorry he is only avg and that's his best game. There is a reason he is not in the team and that is becasue for a big man he has no impact (niether do the forwards we currently have but they have more potential to improve where as Lowe is at the end of his career..props at this stage don't get better)

Garbutt is not a proven performer he may need time to get to grips with out system and he may get a chance at some stage during the year but I think greenfield may be ahead of him.

Hoffy hasn't had the best games so far but he is willing ot put his hand up and do the hard stuff. At the end of the day he isn't the same type of player as when he debut, he was a centre/2RF and had a lot more speed. With him putting on so much size in the past 3 years he has lost that speed and offload he used to have. He is a good player we need to stick with him.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

I think garbutt has been playing good for the easts. Had a solid game last week.. Greenfield is very injury prone, with dragons he was always injured never really got much opportunities.. Start of the year and his already injured. His not a forward you'd have as a regular 1st grade player, he would always be injured.. just my opinion I think of him.
Garbutt is only getting use to the way storm play, his only young still . His a big boy and will get better with more games under is belt. I like this kid he looks the goods to me..
vave/garbutt/tohu/Bromwich/proctor are forwards we should retain and build our fowrad pack around in years to come.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep ...another week, another win and still people are calling for team changes outside the obvious (injuries, suspensions).

When we lose by all means...but until then it's going to be the same team each and every week.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Didn't say anything about changing the team.. Was saying that garbutt would be a better choice then greenfield in the forwards. And that we should build our pack around harris, Bromwich ect.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think we just want to see how some of the other guys go at nrl level. we have heard so much about them over the last few months and want to see them on the field.
Monsoon
Monsoon

The team will be 1-17 with the only possible change being either danger coming back in if fit, bobby holding his place of not stood down and danger being ruled out, or chambers coming in if neither can line up

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

will chambers
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well the other option i suppose is shea moylan
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watched the Roosters vs. Raiders replay last night, and although the Roosters had a pathetic completion rate, their big forwards were brutal in defence and were strong hitting it up - they just found it hard holding onto the ball.

We're going to have to cop a fair amount of punishment from them (especially from the niggly Martin Kennedy & Jared Waerea-Hargreaves) - I can see us having very basic one-out stuff (especially early on each half), not making many metres, just grinding it out and holding on until they make a mistake or get tired.

Either way, anyone we put in at centre/wing will do the job against the Roosters - it's our choice of forwards that will be more important in my opinion.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

one change: danger back for bobby blair
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLis ... fault.aspx
STORM:
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie.

Interchange: Ryan Hinchcliffe, Kevin Proctor, Siosaia Vave, Jason Ryles
There must still be some doubt on Danger with four missing teeth (any dentists here?) but the fact Bellamy named a four man bench might mean he's in no risk, helped by the Sunday timeslot maybe.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLis ... fault.aspx
STORM:
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie.

Interchange: Ryan Hinchcliffe, Kevin Proctor, Siosaia Vave, Jason Ryles
There must still be some doubt on Danger with four missing teeth (any dentists here?) but the fact Bellamy named a four man bench might mean he's in no risk, helped by the Sunday timeslot maybe.
If they didn't find them...well he wouldn't have them to put back in and might have a plate.

can't get em knocked out again if they ain't there !!!!
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So did he lose them against Rabbits (I can't remember seeing anything resembling a bloody mouth from him, let alone a loss of 4 teeth!) or in training mishap (like I heard originally)? And no mouth guard???