Maurice Blair charged with unlawful assault

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cant copy and paste but it's in the Storm email ??? Apparently happened last night on the Coast.
Last edited by Ice on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Melbourne Storm can confirm that player Maurice Blair was involved in an alleged incident overnight on the Gold Coast.

The club can also confirm that Maurice has been charged with unlawful assault over the alleged incident.

Melbourne Storm is treating the matter very seriously and is cooperating fully with the authorities as they conduct their investigations.

At the same time, the club is undertaking its own extensive investigations.

The NRL has been made aware of the incident.

Due to official investigations still being underway, Melbourne Storm is not in a position to provide any further comment at this stage.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Second story on the news tonight, they said another player was with Blair at the nightclub at 5.00 am this morning. The other player was not involved in the incident. The news was at the airport waiting for the team. They only time we get that sort press coverage in Melbourne is when something ba happens involing Storm, if an AFL player had broken a all time record it would have been lead story on the news.

Why are players at a night club at 5.00 am in the morning?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nothing wrong with having a sip but if he/they were out til 5am then yeah its not on. The bleeding hearts will argue they're still human and have every right to do what they want but the bottom line is that they choose to live the life of a pro footballer and agree to live by the rules of that. If they don't want to do that they can always not play the game and do what they want like the rest of us.

Im far from an angel and have made more than my fair share of feck ups on the piss but i'm just your run of the mill bum who has nobody to answer to than my missus. I hope to christ there's not much to this cos i'm a huge fan of Bobby and would hate for this to end his time with us.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I feel sorry for Blair cos he has to face Craig Bellamy
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol i wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IFtrue....what a complete and utter tool.

5.00am, nightclub. alcohol...assault....we've got plenty of guys willing to bust a gut and be disciplined enough to play 1st grade.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
roberttuz

some people are saying a woman involved. That would then be a sexual assault allegation............
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not necessarily sexual...but if he's hit a woman then you can tear contract up...even if he didn't start it. Let's hope it's not the case. He's a great player.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If it was a woman it'd be indecent assault wouldn't it? If it was of the sexual nature i mean.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

short version,(alleged)

Got into a verbal with two women,one of whom he pushed,she fell over & got hurt ?

5AM on the nightclub strip of the Gold Coast - Young - Dumb - Irresponsible !!
Thought all our player went through the "This is what NOT to do" course ?
roberttuz

apparently this guy's favourite musician is Chris Brown. Make up your own mind!!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not sure what this means, but Blair's profile has been removed from the club website. Precautionary, just in case??
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

roberttuz wrote:apparently this guy's favourite musician is Chris Brown. Make up your own mind!!
??? Drawing a long bow there - I'm in my sixties & love heavy metal,etc
It don't make me a psychotic killer :twisted:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hmmmm...15yrs of supporting Storm and I cannot remember a similar incident during the season, apart from GI of course.
Dare I say we've seen the last of Bobby? Chambers best be getting himself primed for his return to a real game.
I hope I'm jumping the gun, but I know Storm do not take these matters lightly.

I feel sorry for Bellyache, Cam and the rest of the squad who have NEVER managed to make headlines for the wrong reason.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image