Spin: watch Nein shift the blame

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Danny Weidler; Channel Nein stooge, Khoder Nasser's defacto publicity agent and all round bottom feeder, posted this in his SMH column this morning:

HOPE FOR MELBOURNE
IT'S long been the bugbear of Melbourne Storm fans - a lack of live NRL games in Bleak City. Nine managing director Jeff Browne is seeking permission from the federal Minister of Communications to show NRL matches live into the southern states this season. "We think this will be great for the fans and provide a real boost to the development of the game in non-traditional markets," he said.
Technically correct, but one of the biggest pieces of misleading spin you will ever see.
You see, what channel Nein are actually asking is for permission to bypass the provisions of the anti-siphoning laws and show a restricted sport - i.e. NRL matches - on one of Nein's alternative channels (which can only currently be done with permission in case of conflict e.g. NRL and Olympics).

The thing is, the only thing that's been stopping Nein showing matches live in Melbourne and the southern states is that THEY DON'T WANT TO!
As a piece of misdirection it's gold - trying to imply that it's the government's fault they 'can't' show the games live.

Scumbags all, and I will pop a couple of bottles of Krug the day I hear that they have lost the broadcast rights.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there's less crap at the sewage plane in werribee

admit you don't want to show us the games and we'll respect you more
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:evil: WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP nine.You have always had no regard for STORM..
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Agreed TC, thing only thing stopping Nein from showing RL live is Nein.

Do they seriously think that the Federal Communications Minister would take them to task if they showed games live in Melbourne on one of their digital channels?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nine also played the anti-syphoning card to explain why they didn't show Origin Perth last year. Apparently they were turned down but were busted when Conroy said that Nine NEVER made the approach.

Channel Nine's behavior since talk to Ten coming to the party has been nothing short of deplorable. Once it looked like they'll lose the rights they start paying us lip service with games on Gem and now this. If they regain the rights it'll go back to the same shite we all know and love. Once they lose the rights watch them renege on their promise to show games on Gem.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's obvious they are in damage control to maintain tv rights. I hate them with a passion. Love to see this organization go down in flames.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

When I ring Nein now about them not showing games and they refuse to budge with the midnight timeslot I tell them that'll I'll watch the game online and when the Nein televise the game I'll watch Channel 7 instead.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

What lying scubags they are.

Their programmers also know jackshit. I remember speaking to one last year and telling him afl games are shown in Sydney live even though they rate very poorly and this guy said he didn't know that :twisted:
harpwen
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

All that info was in the Herald Sun about two weeks ago. Andb while Nine will show all Storm FTA games live in Melbourne, the battle now is to get them fixtured.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Which means Nine will go out of their way to 'ensure' as few Storm games as possible end up on their FTA radar.....................

Cynical ? Me ? Never ::)

Just a survivor of 14 years of channel nine bullshit n spin :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i refuse to watch anything on nein because of the way they treat us, as i have foxtel, i prefer games shown there as they are live 4-5 times a week
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, I avoid CH9 as much as possible (even their shows that I like are not viewed via CH9), and as long as Ray Hadley has anything to do with the 'Footy' Show or calling games, I will not be watching/listening regardless...
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:Which means Nine will go out of their way to 'ensure' as few Storm games as possible end up on their FTA radar.....................

Cynical ? Me ? Never ::)

Just a survivor of 14 years of channel nine bullshit n spin :twisted:
Not cynical at all BR, given we've got the Friday night game next round I just checked the TV guide and our game is listed as being televised at 11:30pm on Nein and not at all on either of the alternate digital channels, GEM & Go.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/event.as ... gion_id=94
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, if that happens I'll be hurling abuse at the NEIN facebook yet again! I only have em on my like list so I can abuse and mock them.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

SCUM STATION